When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Air-King Scammeration?

Victoria

I am so taken with the (non-working) Rolex Air-King by Silix that I'm considering buying a gen. Not that I would ever buy from Fleabay, but I went to scope out the prices.

Item number: 170149458188

Current bid: US $1,409.00

akfacerc7.jpg

akhologrammefi8.jpg

Come on, that is a Guangzhou special, surely??

I think that it is genuine. It is dirty, and the photos are not very good, but I don't think it is a replica.

By the way, what is wrong with the one you got from silix?

So many posts to read, and I really have to head on out! But I couldn't let this one pass by without a comment, Vintagerolex.

First, thanks for clarifying. And the reason was that it was DOA. Jay is sending another one, so no worries. :)

ive got a gen airking for sale on folded oyster bracelet... ref 5700 airking date. rare vintage model from 1970-71

it was on ebay and i just pulled it becasue i didnt like the bidders feedback about not paying for items hes won...

Lonnie

The Air-King looks genuine to me.. The "g" in "King" is usually a little bit different on the replicas. At least on the Silix'es, the lower part of the "g" is slightly angeled, while it is horizontal on the genuines I have seen... But the AK has been in production for so many years that there must be a great varity of dials.

The Timezone Sales Corner is usually a safer place for buying gens. It is not more expensive than the Bay, actually cheaper sometimes. I just picked up a nice 1969-model silver dial Oysterdate, 6694.

Good luck with your search, Vbarrett! :)