When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Monday Wristcheck 9/17

hambone

Wow, that is awful, Raymond. I wish you immensely better luck this Monday, and for the rest of the week. Do I take it you were hinting that your General-Manager might accuse you of some "insider job" shenanigans? Well, that's just silly.

Anyway, positive vibes down your wave in HK! At least you are wearing a beautiful watch...

Hi V! So warm to see u here after a rough day.

No, My boss won't think that about me. However; he will be crazy about losing USD$100K <_<

Best Regards,

Raymond

Just delivered from China yesterday, the Bvlgari Assioma. It has a nice heavy, quality feel to it, and having also worn the gen, this rep is nearly identical. As a dress watch, this one makes a nice addition to the collection.

dsc04493tg6.jpg

dsc04478mm3.jpg

Nice Bvlgari.........is this the 44mm wide version or the smaller case size?

TimeShare

:bounce:

This grand complication masterpiece just arrived in the mail about an hour ago. It is a rep of the Jules Audemars Special Edition Tourbillon, a watch that retails for over a quarter million US dollars! :good: Did I mention it is also celebrity-owned? Perhaps you will recognize it from somebody here on the forums... anyone care to take a guess?

I will be reviewing the piece in more detail later on... but suffice to say it inspired me to snap my first-ever wristshot:

dsc06295mnc8.jpg

:bounce:

Soo, despite my PlanetOceanitis flaring up last night, this morning, there was a new arrival. Yes, the Panerai 111h I've been waiting on. I'd hoped it would arrive friday (as that was 7 days after I bought it), but, a miscommunication over shipping caused Monday to be the actual shipping day, so it arrived in precicely 7 days :) Thoughts and opinions... I rather like the dark brown strap it came on, and, best of all, it has one of the 'thumbnail' buckles rather than the 'whale-tail' buckles, which personally, I find a tad fetishistic and almost 'over compensatory'. The lume could do with work, but, reacts very well to UV and holds a charge nicely. There is also the common recessed cannon pinion problem, but I can't be bothered to get it worked on. Strange though, that the 111h I had to return for a faulty power reserve did not have the flaw :lol:

I wore the watch all day, and never had the 'getitoffgetitoffgetitoff' feeling that I wasn't wearing my Planet Ocean, and should be wearing it rather than anything else. Also, my fiance said she prefered how it looked on me to the Planet Ocean, so I can't really argue with that. Even though I am a self-confessed PAMophile, this is only going to be my 'casual watch' for jeans and T-shirts. Suits will still get the Omega treatment :lol: I'll try and get some actual photos of the watch tomorrow :)

Nice Bvlgari.........is this the 44mm wide version or the smaller case size?

TimeShare

TS, This one is the 44, large case. :D