When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Double AR! Varcheron Constantin Overseas

rckh

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this watch this morning! Pretty happy with the whole watch. Screw on the bracelet is pretty poor in quality. Not that easy to resize the bracelet. Here is the pictures:

As what I can see, AR seems to be double side but very thinly coated. Nothing like Hublot Big Bang but it's very effective to give the dial "pop out" effect.

dscn8318tu1.jpg

dscn8319tu7.jpg

dscn8324oe1.jpg

dscn8327ce2.jpg

Bro, take a look at the endlinks attached to the case at the 12 o'clock side. It has a big gap. I had 2 of this VC overseas without AR some 6 months ago. The problem with this watch is that these endlinks just detach itself after a while and the screws holding them down gets stripped very easily. The screw holes are very badly tapped thats why he screws get stripped so easily. In the end I got to epoxy it and screw it down with larger screws. Maybe you should get it changed with silix.

Bro, take a look at the endlinks attached to the case at the 12 o'clock side. It has a big gap. I had 2 of this VC overseas without AR some 6 months ago. The problem with this watch is that these endlinks just detach itself after a while and the screws holding them down gets stripped very easily. The screw holes are very badly tapped thats why he screws get stripped so easily. In the end I got to epoxy it and screw it down with larger screws. Maybe you should get it changed with silix.

Can you explain how, exactly, you applied the epoxy and got the larger screws in?

I am wearing mine as we speak. I don't have that gap in the end links. I did have a mishap while sizing the bracelet. The screw wouldn't go all the way in and was left with two threads sticking out. The screw head split and half broke off. I took the dremel and grinded it down flush. Not that big of a deal but this braceelt is tricky. I see that the braceelt is free flowing with the top threaded screws but it makes it a [censored] to screw in. I'm quite happy. I think the AR is just right.

VC Overseas here too.

Newest version from Silix, black dial. cross looks great and I prefer this date window.

Out of box, bracelet fits me too with no links removed, normally I remove 1 link onmy watches and I removed 2 tosize the SFSO.

So, I would be concerned if your wrists our over 8" for this bracelet.

Think the AR looks great.

No gap to report and all of the screws I have touched screw in and out well.

No physical imperfections anywhere it looks great. Even edges are smooth.

I did take the bracelet off and wash it, lubricate it and polish it and it looks and feels better.

My only issue with the screws is they likley need some Locite ; as I noticed 1 is starting to creep out a little and I don't want to lose any. It will be a pain to locite all the screws though. Each link has screws, unlike many bracelets where screws are only on some of the links.

Personally I thought the bracelet was going to be shinier than it actually is, IMO would look better/more expensive shinier/more polished but imagine as is is accurate to the Gen.

Overall impression:

great rep and very comfortable watch due to flat fitting on wrist. AR that this has is a MUST on the black dial.

Sometimes from certain angles/lighting, etc... it looks like a $10K watch, but my only negative would be that from some other angles, it can look plain or even "cheap" ; not sure why I feel that way and not becuase it is a rep,I think I would think the same of the Gen.

The dial detail is fantastic, don't getmewrong, just thatyou don't see this detail if you are too far away.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my VCO from Jay a few days ago. The band was easy to resize, thank god. I have the same problem as Takashi with the end link gap though. Makes the watch look really bad. Is there any way to correct this? Or should I contact Jay for a replacement?

picture004iy3.jpg

picture008qx0.jpg

The bottom end link is perfectly flush with the case.

picture007de9.jpg

The end link also is loose and impossible to tighten the screws. I worry that its eventually going to come loose like rangers...

Any suggestions?