When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss movements...sent from China?

sanro

I ordered a watch a few days ago in its swiss-movement version... Isn't it a bit odd that it is being sent to me from China? Would you think this is normal (i.e.the swiss movement being sent to China for final assembly) or would you think I am getting the Asian movement instead? Hey, I admit as a newbie i may be getting scared without reason, but it is my first order of a "top" replica and I'd like to be sure I am getting what i paid for... :rolleyes:

hello and welcome to the forum!

If its a swiss movement then its probably an ETA brand movement that the rep watch manufacturers buy in bulk then put them into their watches. The new generations of Asian movements are getting pretty good. If you buy a submariner the Asian movement you get in there is actually almost as good as the swiss ETA at half the price. If i buy another noobmariner i will probably get the Asian version. If you are getting a chronograph then the new fast beat Asian 7750 movement isnt to bad either but not as good as the ETA version... and its $200-300 less than the ETA7750

There are a lot of rep dealers than charge you for swiss ETA and give you Asian ETA or WORSE yet, the piece of shyte $3 Chinese movements... yikes!

This has been highly discussed recently on this forum...

BUT avoid the Daytona sec@6 like the plague... trust me on this one... haha

Which watch did you order and from what dealer??

Lonnie

hello and welcome to the forum!

If its a swiss movement then its probably an ETA brand movement that the rep watch manufacturers buy in bulk then put them into their watches. The new generations of Asian movements are getting pretty good. If you buy a submariner the Asian movement you get in there is actually almost as good as the swiss ETA at half the price. If i buy another noobmariner i will probably get the Asian version. If you are getting a chronograph then the new fast beat Asian 7750 movement isnt to bad either but not as good as the ETA version... and its $200-300 less than the ETA7750

There are a lot of rep dealers than charge you for swiss ETA and give you Asian ETA or WORSE yet, the piece of shyte $3 Chinese movements... yikes!

This has been highly discussed recently on this forum...

BUT avoid the Daytona sec@6 like the plague... trust me on this one... haha

Which watch did you order and from what dealer??

Lonnie

I ordered the ETA Breitling Steelfish from PerfectClones...

Wow good choice!

Thats one of the most accurate super-reps there is out right now. With the ETA you will also get the anti reflictive (AR) coating on the crystal.. If you dont have the bluish AR anti glare coating then its an Asian Movement. You'll know in the first 5 sec if its got AR or not. If it has AR you will never have reflections on the crystal blocking you from seeing the time. I had a Chrono Avenger with no AR and i could barely see the dial half the time, it was really bad.

Lonnie

I ordered a watch a few days ago in its swiss-movement version... Isn't it a bit odd that it is being sent to me from China? Would you think this is normal (i.e.the swiss movement being sent to China for final assembly) or would you think I am getting the Asian movement instead? Hey, I admit as a newbie i may be getting scared without reason, but it is my first order of a "top" replica and I'd like to be sure I am getting what i paid for... :rolleyes:

dude... do you thought your replica will be shipped from SWISS???

:D:D:D:D

dude... do you thought your replica will be shipped from SWISS???

:D:D:D:D

:rofl:

Yes! And signed by Mr. P. Filip... :D

You are right...I will calm down...

BTW, the choice is only partly mine... The reason I ordered this particular model as my first purchase was the research I did on this forum about the replicas worth buying, and their reviews... So thanks everyone!

Oh come one non of these parts have never been near cheese never mind switzerland, Swiss ETA means that it was made in an ETA factory in asia! The watch you will get is the best there is so dont worry just dont expect it to have a swiss stamp on its passport.

Just wait until he meets the "Swiss Trained Technicians" who carried out the waterproofing and servicing! I think he will have a heart attack!!

Good choice of watch, definitely rare to see someone choose a piece other than Rolex as his or her first rep. I think you will enjoy it.

:rofl:

Yes! And signed by Mr. P. Filip... :D

You are right...I will calm down...

BTW, the choice is only partly mine... The reason I ordered this particular model as my first purchase was the research I did on this forum about the replicas worth buying, and their reviews... So thanks everyone!

No, that's what happens when you buy a gen...you get a watch signed by P. Filip with lots of chinese parts. There's an interesting piece in the back of this months WT. Prior to 1992, you could stamp swiss made on a watch even if it was assembled in China as long as 50% or more of the value of the parts were made in swittzerland. Currently you can put "Swiss Made" on a watch as long as 50% or more of the movement parts are made in Switzerland and the movement is cased in Switzerland. Realizing what a joke that is they just passed a rule requiring that the R&D for a watch be done is Switzerland, 80% of the movement parts' value comprise Swiss-Made parts, and the movement and watch must be assembled in Switzerland. That's more like it, but what it means is that now there are a lot of Gen snobs with a bunch of Chinese parts and craftsmanship strapped to their wrists...