When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Correct Cartier Santos Dial Project Part 2.

rocket754

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocket,

I will have an asian santos standing by to mount this dial on. One way or another I will figure out a way to get it to work and post results when the time comes. Thanks for the update!

If you really want to be low cost you could just cut the feet off the dial and glue it on. :p

I am not recommending that anyone do this but there is always a way to make things happen on the cheap :lol:

Honestly, the longer it takes, the better. I'll get a Santos once I get one of those dials so I can slap it into it, so, while I wait, I'll get the money to buy it, since right now I'm getting an Omega Railmaster XXL :p

Edited by guanaco

I'd love one but I don't think I have the skillz necessary to do the dial replacement myself. Any idea how difficult this will be?

Don't worry about it cause I am not really able to change the dial myself. I need to send my santos off to one of our trusty modders myself

i can not wait for this... i will be getting a swiss santos... and then with your dial and a gen strap, i'll be a happy boy...

i was in import racing for a while.... and there was always the term "low buck brawler" tossed around... it was all about building something fast for cheap...

as i have said before, i am totally in for one...

I have the 7753 and an Aaron strap coming, simply perfect but I'm down for the dial as I always been, TT santos for me after 2 years parting with mine

Rockett, You've done more than great: this is a wonderfull project and I am amazed how it gathered a lot of members when this is really a confidential rep

well done

I have the 7753 and an Aaron strap coming

Hi, may I ask which of Aaron's straps you chose, as he has several great looking versions in his Photobucket? I've dealt with Aaron previously for a Panerai strap, and his workmanship is excellent, but I'm still undecided if I should get my Santos 100 strap from him or buy a gen.

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but does anybody know the retail price of a gen strap, and does it include the deployant buckle? I've read that it can be difficult to purchase the gen straps, that they are reluctant (or refuse?) to sell without seeing the watch that it's destined for - any hints or tips on how to overcome this?

many thanks,

prof

• 1 month later...

bummer...as I was looking forward to hearing out it turned out....my Panerai AD sales dood just transferred over to Cartier here and I was in the bootyique....and he had me handling/fondling all the cartier toyz....beautiful pieces for sure...over priced...yes, of course...but still very nice watches....

• 1 month later...