When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I think I may have found a donor for personal ROO project!

anton

Just browsing through another forum and found a watch that has a seconds @ 12 function:

2104613190070147733dipwlu1.jpg

$750 only wanted for complete watch!

Experts please chime in: possible correct movement (I know base movement is not correct; but chrono module must be).

Thats an interesting watch with the date mag in the window similar to the AP. If the subdial spacing is exactly like the gen AP, then u will need a gen dial too. If its like the 7550, that's a good find that should work.

It is of course automatic....and yes, the subdial spacing seems to be equal to the AP...go meassure yourself.....but sum up all the costs first....MBW AP ROO is 600$ + this watch for the movement 750$ + get a gen dial ~ 450$ (or even more) and the watchsmith that does the swap 150$ = 1,950$!!!! HELLO?

Who needs that....noone.

It is of course automatic....and yes, the subdial spacing seems to be equal to the AP...go meassure yourself.....but sum up all the costs first....MBW AP ROO is 600$ + this watch for the movement 750$ + get a gen dial ~ 450$ (or even more) and the watchsmith that does the swap 150$ = 1,950$!!!! HELLO?

Who needs that....noone.

I did enough cannibalizing with my frankens that I am competent enough do it myself.

Besodes, similar costs were had in order to make a franken daytona; if spending $1700-$1900 is still much better than spending $14,000 then why shouldn't I do it?

And I just found out more information regarding the chrono module:

This module that AP uses is also known as the DD 2000. It's highly versatile, suggesting that it could be used in both automatic and quartz base movements. An example of this would be the Tag Heuer 3000 of the 80's; both offered and automatic AND quartz versions.

The DD module/2892-A2 combo is also known as the LWO 283.

I did enough cannibalizing with my frankens that I am competent enough do it myself.

Besodes, similar costs were had in order to make a franken daytona; if spending $1700-$1900 is still much better than spending $14,000 then why shouldn't I do it?

And I just found out more information regarding the chrono module:

This module that AP uses is also known as the DD 2000. It's highly versatile, suggesting that it could be used in both automatic and quartz base movements. An example of this would be the Tag Heuer 3000 of the 80's; both offered and automatic AND quartz versions.

The DD module/2892-A2 combo is also known as the LWO 283.

I did a bit more research on this watch and it should be a perfect fit for a gen dial. U can use any rep AP ROO case...under 300 used, place in the movement (which has a built in date mag), and u'll just need a gen dial....so thats 300 + 750 + another ~300..totaling 1350 for one of the best reps around. :)

I calculated all the costs for going ahead on the prpject and I think it may tip the $2K mark; if dials can be had for $800 and also sourcing a correct (or similar equivalent) datewheel.

If all else fails, I just may purchase the Concord Ventu and wear it.

But as some of you will say, never say never.

One thing to note is for both movements/watches....the pushers do not line-up with the crown. One of the tells of all AP reps :(

Sooooo...perhaps a rep case will not work without some modification.

Specs on an AP watch:

Movement

Calibre: 2326/2840, selfwinding

Diameter: 26 mm (11 1/2 lignes)

Thickness: 6.15 mm

54 jewels

370 parts

Up to 38-hour power reserve

Cadence of the balance: 28,800 vibrations per hour

Good discussion on the current AP ROO movement:

http://timetapestry.blogspot.com/2007/02/l...der-engine.html

Ventu reportedly uses a "LEMANIA 283, the only movement from Lemania that was not made by Lemania. It has an ETA 2892 engine and a Dubois Depraz Chronograph module, the magnifying lens is built in the movement (one of the charachteristics of this movement), the Crown and the pushers are not on the same straight line."

Diameter: 30.00mm, Thickness: 6.50mm.

So the ventu's diameter is on par with a 7750 (13.25 lignes)....which means that it will fit a rep case. Stem height maybe an issue as posted SD but hands can be slightly modified if the stem diameters are wrong.

-bosk

One thing to note is for both movements/watches....the pushers do not line-up with the crown. One of the tells of all AP reps :(

Sooooo...perhaps a rep case will not work without some modification.

Specs on an AP watch:

Movement

Calibre: 2326/2840, selfwinding

Diameter: 26 mm (11 1/2 lignes)

Thickness: 6.15 mm

54 jewels

370 parts

Up to 38-hour power reserve

Cadence of the balance: 28,800 vibrations per hour

Good discussion on the current AP ROO movement:

http://timetapestry.blogspot.com/2007/02/l...der-engine.html

Ventu reportedly uses a "LEMANIA 283, the only movement from Lemania that was not made by Lemania. It has an ETA 2892 engine and a Dubois Depraz Chronograph module, the magnifying lens is built in the movement (one of the charachteristics of this movement), the Crown and the pushers are not on the same straight line."

Diameter: 30.00mm, Thickness: 6.50mm.

So the ventu's diameter is on par with a 7750 (13.25 lignes)....which means that it will fit a rep case. Stem height maybe an issue as posted SD but hands can be slightly modified if the stem diameters are wrong.

-bosk

I know the ROO uses a derivative of the JLC 889/2 movement. If the movement itself is 11.5 lignes, wouldn't that make it on par with the 2892, which is also of the same diameter?

Anyway, here's a reference picture of the movement; perhaps the diameter of the Lemania was measured end-to-end; including the module?

post-6776-1190728627_thumb.jpg

I know the ROO uses a derivative of the JLC 889/2 movement. If the movement itself is 11.5 lignes, wouldn't that make it on par with the 2892, which is also of the same diameter?

Anyway, here's a reference picture of the movement; perhaps the diameter of the Lemania was measured end-to-end; including the module?

The Ventu movement should be 30mm...the 2892 powers it.

"The Dubois-Depraz chronograph module is used by a number of watch manufacturers in their "high end" products. It is utilized by among others, Audermars Piguet in their Royal Oak Offshore and Glash

I did a bit more research on this watch and it should be a perfect fit for a gen dial. U can use any rep AP ROO case...under 300 used, place in the movement (which has a built in date mag), and u'll just need a gen dial....so thats 300 + 750 + another ~300..totaling 1350 for one of the best reps around. :)

The MBW case is the best I've seen. That will set you back a lot more.

Most of the other reps have the magnification on the watch crystal rather than the dial, but this may not be an issue, if you continue reading below.

As to the magnification. If it's on the movement, you may have to check the genuine (or even rep) dial which has the magnification on the dial, I think. You may have to remove the one from the movement or the dial to get it to work.

If the magnifier is on the watch crystal, you can just remove that.