When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gauging interest on Genuine Swiss 6497-2 highbeat mvmt

kye_lin

The movement shown is Asian ETA 6497 clone, nothing less nothing more. All the usual Asian mov't tell-tale bits are there, visible without loupe.

Stay away from it.

Your watchmaker is either not telling you the truth, or he's unable to identify Asian ETA rep.

Even if it was a gen ETA 6497-2, $375 (475 with the 'service' ?!?) for the movement in that state/shape and form is hardly worth dishing out.

babola

Ok.. I will let him know... let's forget about the whole thing then.... Cheers...

I second that.... <_<

I "third" that..... <_< <_< <_<

Especially when you mentioned that your watchmaker is not too exactly interested whether the movement sell or doesn't sell and he did a price drop from USD 500 to 375?

Sounds .... just weird.

Edited by reficul

I wonder if his watchmaker gave HIM a post-sale reduction/refund on the $600 movt he bought, you know one of those that were "smuggled out" before sending to Panerai? :rolleyes:

To quote Admin...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Deja Moo - The feeling you have heard this bull before

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ok.. I will let him know... let's forget about the whole thing then.... Cheers...

This whole Topic smells fishy to me...

@Kye

You have been a member for 1 year now...

You are currently not even a supporter but attempting to sell on the Forum...

You trust a Watchmaker that doesn't know the difference between Asian & Gen movements...

Like I said - "Fishy"...

Do not attempt to sell anything else on this Board...

@All

Good catch gentlemen...

TT

This whole Topic smells fishy to me...

@Kye

You have been a member for 1 year now...

You are currently not even a supporter but attempting to sell on the Forum...

You trust a Watchmaker that doesn't know the difference between Asian & Gen movements...

Like I said - "Fishy"...

Do not attempt to sell anything else on this Board...

@All

Good catch gentlemen...

TT

At last, some clear words.

I really fail to grasp all those ping - pong postings about the subject.

Just for the record...

Today I went to buy a strap from a friend who happens to be a watch restorer.Over talking ,I let him see my rep Panerai "Blackseal",bought 20 days ago,for 140 Euros.

Just imagine amazement when he told me that the movement is a gen Unitas 6497-2,and that his face was very serious, au contraire, to previous times .

To my, "stop pulling my leg",he told me that he knows his trade,and that he is in the position to know the movements,from the various bits and pieces.

Judging by this, and in relation to the various posts in here , I have to say that the $ 400 to $ 500 rep watch, is a little bit ..........

Hi all...

There is nothing to 'catch' here or to smell fishy about... not necessary to make any sarcarstic replies like 'hmmmmmmm.....' AND READ PROPERLY THE SEQUENCE OF EVENTS B4 YOU MAKE COMMENTS..... my watchmaker did not lower the price.... he is not bothered about the movement selling as they are not his to sell... he is just the middle man....

I am really not out to scam anyone here... I know not many ppl here knows me... but those who do will know that I have never tried to cheat or scam anyone for the past year here.... I have also been a member on the other 3 rep forums and sold things there as well..... with no issues at all...

I kinda feel hurt as I was just trying to pass on a rare deal as far as I am concern.... I trust watchmaker and he is the one the tried to source the 6497/2 movements for me when I asked him to find some for me... he asked a friend (supplier) about it and came up with 3.... assessed it and said that they are kosher..... he is not bothered about selling them as they are not his to sell.... he just authenticated them as swiss that is all..... he did not lower the price.... I trust my watchmaker about the movement being swiss .... what about the member here who says that the movement is asian just based on the pic.... can't he be wrong??? You guys are just so quick to jump and 'catch' someone sometimes...

I talked to the supplier directly and to be honest.. he does not even know how much to sell the movements as they were his dad's... he just quoted a price of USD500 shipped.... which I later bargained it lower after all the feedback here...... I have not paid mine yet..... and it will be the same price as well...

I am busy with my work and do not have the time to visit my watchmaker to take repeated photos..... and he is a real dumbass when it comes to taking proper photos.... great with movements and mods though... go figure...

Damn!! Just trying to pass on an interesting find here and I got slammed for it......... It is not like I came on real strong to try to sell the movements.... If I was out to scam ppl....I could have just listed the price lower...... and still earn a good profit and run.....

I thought this forum was about sharing...... so what if I am not paying member....... does that mean I cannot share a good lead with friends here?......... does that make me any less of a person?...... not every one can afford to pay membership and everyone has there own priorities with their money.....

Anyway.... not trying to become the victim here... just airing some grievances.......... if you guys dun want them....... that is fine.............. I might take 2 for myself then.......

Thanks for your time....

Just to clear some things out:

I've dealt with Kye_lin before, and I must say he is a good guy. I've bought from him with no trouble of any kind.

I can't speak for his offer right now, since I have not seen them. Hey, I'm even thinking about purchasing one. But as he said, we're all here to help out each other, not to do harm. So let's all just have a break, and leave the issue in the past. Let's move on. In his words: "forget the whole thing"

Cheers to all!

If I was out to scam ppl....I could have just listed the price lower...... and still earn a good profit and run.....

There you said it.

Could you please , be kind and explain,what do you mean by " and still earn a good profit and run".

1. That if the bait was bitten, your profit was going to be very very good ?

2. That you were trying to give a helping hand ,by using your connections,for some gen movements.

3. That you simply don't know what are you talkin' about?

Take your pick

... not necessary to make any sarcarstic replies like 'hmmmmmmm.....'
Oh trust me, I wasn't being sarcastic in the slightest, my 'hmmmm' and raised eyebrow were completely without irony.

If I was out to scam ppl....I could have just listed the price lower...... and still earn a good profit and run.....
And yet you did relist with a lower price. Funny that.

...... so what if I am not paying member...does that mean I cannot share a good lead with friends here?........not every one can afford to pay membership and everyone has there own priorities with their money.....
Yet you can afford to seemingly pay $600 for a movement, no sorry you're taking two of them now, so make that $1200 (or is that now reduced to $950?) and are attempting to sell items here (against the rules regardless if you're not a Supporter) that you now know to be misrepresented by your contacts - but don't feel that you can be bothered to support this forum and actually cite affordability :blink: as your reason for not donating a measly $20???? How noble of you. (p.s. just so you know, there's the sarcasm right there ;))

I would have let this go, but such an impassioned defence from yourself only adds fuel to the fire, and begs further questions. An apology and admission you may have been misled would have gone a lot further than aggressively spitting your dummy out of the pram. And you wouldn't have got such a hard time.

Contributions are fine and such members are always welcome but for the record "sharing" means information, tips, tricks, sources, articles etc. Not "rare deals" on suspect movements. In retrospect, you may want to have posted pics and asked advice before coming here flouting your wares and posting prices. This is a community and we try to keep an eye out for each other - that takes priority over the odd member having their feelings hurt due to the nature of their communications - if you can't appreciate or understand that then this is no place for you really.

Really......an undecorated 6497-2 in a GEN Panerai?? I just assumed that they were all decorated open caseback or not?? I'd love to see pics of the GEN movement. Please take a shot of the balance assembly, the large ratchet wheel and crown wheel and also if possible, get a close up of the eta stampings underneath the balance wheel.

Pics like these if possible:

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30466

Thanks!!!

By udecorated I mean no modified bridges, etc--it has the panerai engraving and I believe the sunburst winding gears like all solid back Gen PAMs--if you're still concerned about the genuineness of my 000 I'll take a couple of pics.

By udecorated I mean no modified bridges, etc--it has the panerai engraving and I believe the sunburst winding gears like all solid back Gen PAMs--if you're still concerned about the genuineness of my 000 I'll take a couple of pics.

Hey Arch,

I'm not concerned about the genuineness of your 000. I've just never seen a GEN panerai movement behind a closed caseback. Just the ones that we've all seen on open back PAMs. If it has the engraving and looks like the E-G series movement, then I've seen that one before :D

sherwin