When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake Guitars

FWATCH

So here it is. One rep Gibson Les Paul Supreme.

Packaged real good.

post-4211-1193934446_thumb.jpg

Got a case too.

post-4211-1193934508_thumb.jpg

post-4211-1193934541_thumb.jpgpost-4211-1193934576_thumb.jpg

Front

post-4211-1193934647_thumb.jpg

Back

post-4211-1193934686_thumb.jpg

Details

post-4211-1193934746_thumb.jpgpost-4211-1193935018_thumb.jpg

post-4211-1193934789_thumb.jpgpost-4211-1193934986_thumb.jpg

post-4211-1193934830_thumb.jpgpost-4211-1193934934_thumb.jpg

post-4211-1193935049_thumb.jpg

solid mahogany body

post-4211-1193934887_thumb.jpg

Don't know what it sounds like yet, broken amp. Initial impression is that this is a pretty nice fake guitar. I'm not expecting it to be a real Les Paul, because I'm not a real guitar player. It's just fine with me. Plays real easy. Comments from guitar player friend #1:"Beautiful guitar. You got a good deal." I need to have one more guy have a look at it and we'll have more review. Maybe with sound. Oooooh. By the way, bought on DHgate.com. Seller was Bestguitar. $365. with case delivered to USA.

thanks to all who contributed to my quest. I think my basic problem is that I just LOVE fake stuff. :lol:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it looks pretty dam good ! & the finish looks great man ! cant wait to hear it ..

heres what i did with my evh kramer so far ! i wasent happy with the paint job so im modding it all the way !

its getting a new vh paint job by me ;) i want it to look like the gen black & yellow kramer .

its getting all new jackson neck & hardware i bought realy cheap on the bay ..

heres what i got so far man ..

going to install this neck

Dk2MaBnk07.jpg

this is the paint job , i will do it my self ;)

229332.jpg

this is what i got so far , removed the factory paint job .

DSC00381.jpg

heres after 1 coat of primer

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

i will continue tommorow & keep ya guys posted ..

Cool. Modded rep guitars. I'm waiting to see what this LP sounds like, If it ain't too bad I may leave it alone. The finish is pretty good, there's a small piece of lint or something in the clear coat, but other than that, it's really OK. The hardware is a little rough, I may have some of it polished and re-plated. I can always replace the pickups with original Gibsons, but I'm waitin' to see what it really sounds like. At least the parts are bigger that watch parts, so I at least have a chance of modding a guitar. Can't see those little wheels and stuff inside watches. B)

• 3 weeks later...
A superb paint job sub, how the heck did you get all the lines in the right places, did you make a template?

Ken

hey thanx ken ! noooooo template man , my wife & i printed a foto of the original van halen ll guitar & did it all by eye .

i even ebelished a lil on the design , but i cant belive the way it turned out man :rolleyes: , cant wait to finish this project .

i think it turned out pretty good considering that i live in a apartment on a 1st floor & i had to sneak the guitar out my window at dusk to paint it in phases , in order to avoid getting caught by my neighbors man :rolleyes:

cant wait to buy a house ..

I only spotted this thread last night. I bought a replica Gibson SG65 about three years ago. It is made by Fender! but listed as a Squier and made in Korea I think. I am very impressed with the fit and finish of it and I paid $160 for it at a reputable music store. A friend who is a fine jazz guitar player and regularly plays his $6000 deAngelico (sp?) says he is very impressed with it. I spent years trying to learn to play when I was in my twenties but finally concluded I had no musical talent-I keep this guitar on display because I think it is a beautiful sculpture. Sorry no pics, I still don't have a digital camera :rolleyes:

So I've been playing my rep Les Paul for awhile, and have started to figure it out. First thing was it wouldn't stay in tune. I found that the G string tuner had quite a bit of "slop" in it. I could turn it about 1/2 turn with nothing happening. So I replaced the rep Grover tuners with genuine Grover locking tuners. Bought new strings (gibsons), but haven't strung it up yet. As long as I had the strings off, I decided to have a look around inside. As might be expected with a replica anything, the details are where the problems lie. The pickups are, well, not Gibsons. They don't look like much when you take 'em out, but they do work. Some of the screws holding the pickup covers could have been placed in a better location (so that they actually go into the wood a little) but they're close. I haven't checked the pots yet to see if they are of the correct impedence, I don't want to spend a lot of time on this thing, it plays real easy and sounds great thru my effects unit. Soon as I get it strung, I'll report. Here's some pix of the tuners.post-4211-1196692759_thumb.jpg

Well you did a superb job on that Van Halen ax. Most impressive. Seems that most are not as passionate as you are 2005, and what you do is art. Not doing any mods to a rep guitar, would seem that the level of sound clarity and quailty would be diminished.

WOW this forum is incredible, but I can tell you I have two passions in my life: watches AND guitars! :D

Sincerely I've some time thought of having some rep watches :whistling:

but never rep guitars :o

So Sub, since you are a player, was that neck so horrible to change it? No sustain or what?

And was the body so good to keep it? <_<

In any case I really want to compliment for your job, very impressive B)

I post for all the appreciating members a pic of my baby ... (sorry for the bad quality!)

post-2152-1196967143_thumb.jpg

post-2152-1196967198_thumb.jpg

dude thanx for the complimant on my project evh ll guitar man ! , no back to the rep guitar i bought from china .

a friend from this forum turned my on to a website that sells rep guitars from china .

iv always wanted an evh ll guitar but at 2-3k was way to much out of budget for me .

i spotted a rep evh kramer & bought it , after playing it , it sounded like crap , the neck was a compasite wood type that had no resonance & the frets where not in tune -_- , so i decided to take the whole thing apart & lucked out that the body was solid bass wood ;) , so i stripped away all the paint & decided to paint my own evh black /yellow ll guitar .

im amazed o how good it turned out man ;) .. so i bought a solid maple neck & pinted out my own charvel decals & heres how the neck looks so far with the decals on :D

before

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/DIA...IE/DSC00519.jpg

after

DSC00526.jpg

HERES the guitar body with the paint job finished ;

DSC00524.jpg

p.s. love that fender man !!!

so i will apply 25 coats of clear coat let it cure for 6 month , than out fit this baby with carvin electronics , original floyed rose & 1 dimarzio super 3 pick out ;) ..

my wife did all the taping & making :rolleyes: ...

heres a lil guitar action using my gen ibanez :rolleyes:

my guitar solo ..

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

• 1 month later...
Unreal dude,you did a fantastic job!! All the hard work was worth it man you should be very proud of that, seriously amazing! Post a pic when you got all the hardware and strings on :D Thanks for sharing!

thanx man im kinda surprized how well it turned out man ! i never ever painted anything ..

i should have her up & running by this weekend .. thanx again man !

i got lotts of goodies for this guitar dimarzio super lll p/u carvin electronics . :rolleyes: .

next project will be evh 5150 red/black/red guitar :D