When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake Guitars

FWATCH

I used to want a warlock, but I got over it. I didn't think they'd be plywood though (I always wondered what "basswood" was)

basswood" is a type of solid wood used in guitar bodies wich is a very good sounding wood .

just keep away from plywood guitars ! .

the bc rich platinum series warlocks are made of plywood , the american warlock are of solid wood ..

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone PM me some URLs to where i can find these rep guitars... i am considering a Fender Telecaster in butterscotch or maybe a Gibson LP tigerstripe... I sold of most of my expensive guitars years ago and bought some motorbikes instead... but i do miss them sometimes.

I stgill got my self build SG... made it from oak wood as mahogany wasn't available... although the sustain wasn't too good and the timbre was quite warm to say the least i had some active pickups installed last summer. Now it sounds at least decent... but i would never sell that guitar... too many memories :)

Could someone PM me some URLs to where i can find these rep guitars... i am considering a Fender Telecaster in butterscotch or maybe a Gibson LP tigerstripe... I sold of most of my expensive guitars years ago and bought some motorbikes instead... but i do miss them sometimes.

I stgill got my self build SG... made it from oak wood as mahogany wasn't available... although the sustain wasn't too good and the timbre was quite warm to say the least i had some active pickups installed last summer. Now it sounds at least decent... but i would never sell that guitar... too many memories :)

fender reps

Guest carlsbadrolex

I have several unbranded Gibson and Fender replicas... The black ES-335 below has Grover Tuners and 2 Gibson pickups. It looks and sounds great, and my total cost is around $200. The sunburst 335 is as I ordered it and cost me a whopping $95US. It is NOT plywood, but solid basswood and sounds almost as good as the one with Grovers and Gibson Pickups.Its proof positive, that when the people of China DO put some effort into something, they can do it pretty well!I also have 3 LP copies, a Stat copy, a Tele copy and a really nice Ovation copy... I havent paid more than $100 for any of them (but the black 335) and they all look and sound great.Heres the SB.

post-7311-1191105994_thumb.jpg

I have several unbranded Gibson and Fender replicas... The black ES-335 below has Grover Tuners and 2 Gibson pickups. It looks and sounds great, and my total cost is around $200. The sunburst 335 is as I ordered it and cost me a whopping $95US. It is NOT plywood, but solid basswood and sounds almost as good as the one with Grovers and Gibson Pickups.Its proof positive, that when the people of China DO put some effort into something, they can do it pretty well!I also have 3 LP copies, a Stat copy, a Tele copy and a really nice Ovation copy... I havent paid more than $100 for any of them (but the black 335) and they all look and sound great.Heres the SB.

good deal on those guitars ! ;) cant wait to get my evh kramer man .. :D

I've never really had the cash to invest in an expensive guitar. When I started playing in the early 80s, you had the quality Gibsons, Fenders, etc, but all the reps were junk. Plywood construction and bolt on necks were the norm. In the mid 80s there was a company called El-Degas that started making some pretty decent reps. I bought a black Explorer with split coil humbucking pickups and a very cool case. I still have it, and the quality and sound is wonderful, more than I can say for the white Kramer/Harrington semi acoustic that I bought several years later.

I've never really had the cash to invest in an expensive guitar. When I started playing in the early 80s, you had the quality Gibsons, Fenders, etc, but all the reps were junk. Plywood construction and bolt on necks were the norm. In the mid 80s there was a company called El-Degas that started making some pretty decent reps. I bought a black Explorer with split coil humbucking pickups and a very cool case. I still have it, and the quality and sound is wonderful, more than I can say for the white Kramer/Harrington semi acoustic that I bought several years later.

i have no problem with bolt on necks , plywood bodies suck ! ..

i have no problem with bolt on necks , plywood bodies suck ! ..

I have no problem with them either, but back in those days they were putting them on Les Paul copies :angry:. Anyway, it was about that time that some very good copies started to come out, and was probably about the same time when the quality of the originals started to slide as well.

I would, but I just watched some of your clips, and I'm afraid I can't compete. Besides I don't have a line to get it into the computer, but then again, I only ever played rhythm (i.e. a couple of scales and mostly power chords) so it would be totally unimpressive.

hey GIO thanx for the compliments man ! its just a lil rocknroll ....... ;)

i just received the tracking # to my replica ;) evh kramer guitar , from that site that you sent me .

i should receive it in about 3 days , as soon as i get it ill take a bunch of fotos & give it a lil review on rwg :D ..

man i cant wait to get that baby .. iv been wanting one of those guitars for a very long time but didnt have the $$$$$$$$$for a gen .. i hope this guitar equals our eta reps in quality .. :D

Thanks. I think I'm as anxious about reading your review of this guitar as you are about getting it.

oh yea right out the box ima gonna set it up & lay down some vh trax ;) & recorded just to hear the sound quality if its substandard for me then i will mod the pick ups & install a gen german floyed rose trem stsrem ) & it should be a rock n roll machine man ! ;)

I'm sure the pickups will probably be really weak. I bought a gain booster for one of my guitars on ebay, and it worked for beefing up the sound (After changing the pots it sounds pretty close to my EMG Kerry King setup on my LP) Can't afford to buy a ton of guitars and then swap out all the parts - it would be cheaper just to get one decent guitar as the cost of pickups, bridges, pots, nuts starts to add up, not to mention the trouble of replacing them all. But if your EVH ends up being a decent guitar though, then I guess it would be well worth it.

Cant wait for the pictures and review, I also would love to hear you shredding on it :D

I cant believe how accurate these reps are visually~Lookin around DHgate they have a ton, the sellers english isn't so hot tho but he makes valiant effort:

Our guitar is the top quality in china , we send the guitar is what my pictuer shown,and i can guide for you to buy a super valued guitar form china,no matter you wanna buy this guitar or not .You can contact to ask any question, we provide the good service and if you are a wholesaler ,we can have the good deal in future, You can trust me. Just contact me ,you will find that you are enter a magic world of you buiness,thanks !

I wish you will like it and don`t lose the chance get it.

Edited by UB7

just a lil update on my replica evh kramer guitar from the mother land china :rolleyes: she's landed here at JFK & my grubby lil hands will be all over it tomorrow ;) them ill post a lil review :D .

oh & dhgate is kinda scam proof , it works like this , you buy an item & dhgate will hold the cash , then it notifies the seller that the $$ is in hand & the item may be shiiped ;) . then when you receive the item then they will relase the $$ to the seller .. kinda like escrow or something like that .. ebay should work that way ..

Sweet! Can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics. I read that escrow bit on DHgate, but (without jinxing your buy) I figured it only guaranteed that the seller would ship you something. Now whether it was what they advertised or an empty box is a whole other matter (not like that couldn't happen on eBay anyway). I hope the guitar ends up being as good as it looks.