When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake Guitars

FWATCH

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The head and cab to match the guitar :) funny thing is my PRS sounds alot better out of this than the EVH wolfgang, even tho this amp is meant for the wolfgang the PRS just sounds alot cleaner...

P9290064.jpg

gorgio - spend the extra bucks and get the PRS, trust me you will be very happy you did

Edited by UB7

i will as soon as I get the wolfgang back from the shop-it had been sitting in the basement all summer and the heat messed with the trust rod so its in the proccess of getting fixed but as soon as I get it back I will record somthin fun - mabye stairway to heaven or somthin :D the 5150 sounds sick, my favorite amp of all time the thing is so versatile and very easy to make sound great...I used to goto this 'music camp' up in conneticut when I was in my teens, 1 of the guitar teachers was the guitarist from dreamtheater, he was a freakin awesome teacher and we used to jam all the time

Edited by UB7

to each there own, IMO the PRS is the coolest guitar of all time, who cares what other people think - what do you think people would say about you playing a nice PRS with the dragon inlay down the neck??? i think thats pretty metal, right?02730.JPG

ive never played or seen a rep guitar but id imagine it would sound somthing like an epiphone...swap the pickups and it will sound decent i would think...

Edited by UB7

id say if you have lots of $$$$ laying around doing nada , then buy gen PRS or anyother gen guitar , but if your like me , watching my budget then $300-$400 on a evh or prs rep guitar could be a good deal , & you can mod it for another 2-300 bucks ;)

Buy rep, add gen parts, repeat... sounds like this can be applied to almost anything. You goona start the Replica Guitar Forum 2005Submariner? I'll sign up, lol!

Yes, but it'd sound great! ;)

I have EMG's in my LP, the stock LP pickups in my rep LP, Stock pickups in my Fernandes Explorer (I still can't find that model, but it's too old to be fake I think- 1988) and through the Line 6, there's not much of a diff on the low end (the Fernandes is a little flatter, probably 'cause of the Floyd Rose, and the EMG's are pretty hot) Even my Sears unbranded strat clone (my first guitar) doesn't sound too bad for Metal/rhythm - it's all in the effects

to each there own, IMO the PRS is the coolest guitar of all time, who cares what other people think - what do you think people would say about you playing a nice PRS with the dragon inlay down the neck??? i think thats pretty metal, right?02730.JPG

That is a LOUD guitar! You better be REALLY, REALLY good if you walk on stage with that thing strapped on!

hey gio would love to hear some of your shred man ! post it up ..

I would, but I just watched some of your clips, and I'm afraid I can't compete. Besides I don't have a line to get it into the computer, but then again, I only ever played rhythm (i.e. a couple of scales and mostly power chords) so it would be totally unimpressive.

Even my Sears unbranded strat clone (my first guitar) doesn't sound too bad for Metal/rhythm - it's all in the effects

That's why I'm happy with a one-pickup guitar and NI Guitar Rig. I'm not good enough to need to spend any more money than that.

Besides, if I ever felt the need (and was hit by a lightning bolt that magically made me a good guitarist) I'd raid my brother-in-law's studio for guitars and toys.

oh yea ! i just hope its a solid body guitar then i can get a good sound out of it ..

but if its plywood then im f*cked :o i would end up as wall art :lol:

My sears guitar is plywood, and the feedback is out of this world, even with the Noise gate on it catches the "g-string" (lol, he said g-string) and starts wailing. Makes your ears bleed.

That's why I'm happy with a one-pickup guitar and NI Guitar Rig. I'm not good enough to need to spend any more money than that.

With me it's a disease. Guitars, watches, I own 5 snowboards, and I'm not the greatest snowboarder - and snowboards are expensive and I wouldn't dare trust a rep even if they made them.

I go through 1 board a season I dont find any need for another one...I have a burton custom from 06 w/ burton freestyle bindings which I absolutely love - I have a winter condo up in Stratton, Vermont during the winter i'm there every weekend, its one of my favorite places to be! Been riding since I was 13 I have never skied in my life :D Thats 3 things we have in common ~ watches, guitars, snowboarding! This thread is making me curious I want to play a rep guitar to see how it sounds...Are they substantially lighter than gens, made out of lower quality woods i assume? visually they look prety freakin real...

Edited by UB7

My sears guitar is plywood, and the feedback is out of this world, even with the Noise gate on it catches the "g-string" (lol, he said g-string) and starts wailing. Makes your ears bleed.

back in the 80's i bought a b.c. rich warlock & it sounded horrible , i even replaced the dam pick ups with semor duncans & when i took the guitar apart i found out that the dam body was plywood ! after that i never bought another plywood guitar .

I go through 1 board a season I dont find any need for another one...I have a burton custom from 06 w/ burton freestyle bindings which I absolutely love - I have a winter condo up in Stratton, Vermont during the winter i'm there every weekend, its one of my favorite places to be! Been riding since I was 13 I have never skied in my life :D Thats 3 things we have in common ~ watches, guitars, snowboarding! This thread is making me curious I want to play a rep guitar to see how it sounds...Are they substantially lighter than gens, made out of lower quality woods i assume? visually they look prety freakin real...
I'm guessing there are lots of us out there. I board at Mont Tremblant in Quebec (Canada) and the punk/rock subculture is evident at the after-parties (guitar), and if you pay attention, you'll notice a lot of high end watches around the village.

The rep guitar is a little thinner and a bit lighter, but sounds pretty decent (it's solid mahogany). But it's really old (but barely played - as evident in the pics) and inaccurate (the headstock doesn't have the trademark "moustache" shape

For Boards I have a Sims fader 155, Sims Vice 156, a Sims absolute 161 (sold), A technine Gas Mask, and my first sims freestyle - all on Flow (pro FS on the technine, carbon on the fader, pro 11 on the vice). I switch it up for soft snow/hard pack.

back in the 80's i bought a b.c. rich warlock & it sounded horrible , i even replaced the dam pick ups with semor duncans & when i took the guitar apart i found out that the dam body was plywood ! after that i never bought another plywood guitar .

I used to want a warlock, but I got over it. I didn't think they'd be plywood though (I always wondered what "basswood" was)

I live in upstate NY, not too far from Canada, about 4-5 hours but I go up there all the time to party in Montreal...I've only visited Tremblant in the summer but looks great and would def. consider going up to board there this winter, I went to Mount Sutton in CA last season and rented a house 5 mins from the Mt. and it was a ton of fun...Warlocks are indeed very cool imo~