When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO crown will not screw down

Eric L.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

so far is any improvement with this crown/stem problem?

cause mine upo suffers from it for second time as far as first time i sent it back to far east to be fixed and now the same issue.

what can i do?

is gen parts fits swiss upo?

does ofrei or any other sight source them?

so far is any improvement with this crown/stem problem?

cause mine upo suffers from it for second time as far as first time i sent it back to far east to be fixed and now the same issue.

what can i do?

is gen parts fits swiss upo?

does ofrei or any other sight source them?

Yes, Swiss parts fit.

Ofrei and others can supply a Gen crown and tube.

Who ya' gonna call?

I called TomHighway - He fixed mine up a treat and it works perfectly.

He had a bit of a communication blip, but I think he is back on track now. I would recommend him.

and how could i reach him,where is he located?

how much did this all cost?

thanks

• 1 month later...

I'm THANOS from cyprus and have in my possesion an UPO SWISS movement came from trusty.

as the most of the UPO's have the same issue with crown which refuse to screw down.

it has been already fixed,not at all <_< ,twice.first time was sent back to far east and the second here in a local watchsmith.both of times none of genuine parts were used,so the crown didn't worked properly for more than a week.....:(((

Is there anyone that has already bought from ofrei or another source genuine parts(crown,tube)that fit to SWISS UPO?

posting a link for these parts,better from a european union source would be much appreciated... :D

If you constantly are screwing these down they will strip. I've gone through two rep and am almost through two gen crown and tubes. The gen lasts longer, but inside threads are just a terrible design IMO. Luckily its not too big a deal to replace them.

do the gen parts fit the replica UPO?If yes,does ofrei has them or any european source? :rolleyes:

now that I know you can just shorten the crown stem, i shouldhave done that instead of buy another one. damn!!

oh well. my first one was the lite version, and i figured it was time to upgrade to the UPO. plus, i really really want to get some gen parts into it.