When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 or St E.

lanikai

Regular 3717 all the way.

Forget about those crappy, shiny St Exupery subdials....

25937561yy9.jpg

Yes .. i agree with your choice .. the ST. EX is too much dazzle in the dial to be (to me) a vintage look.... and the vintage look is what i like ... so thank you for the feedback

@ Pug .... agree .. it's definately a crap shoot with these movements... but sooner or later it will have to go to Ziggy for servicing anyway

Or get one with the 28,800 a7750.

Copy that Pug.. that's the one I'm getting... did not want to disagree with you as you know infinately more than I do :p .. I am going with Ziggy's review on this movement

thanks for your time Pug..

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYZ ARE THE PRICE OF THEIR TOYZ

Copy that Pug.. that's the one I'm getting... did not want to disagree with you as you know infinately more than I do :p .. I am going with The Zigmeister's review on this movement

Josh and Andrew don't stock the 28,800 version. You need to get it from Precious Time (UK), River or Eddie Lee.

Oh, and definitely get the 3717 and not the StE.

everybody advised you to get the 3717...I'd say the St E...I like the look of it...I am not too much disturbed by it's accuracy..the brown dial and the gold case are a great combo...and River has it for a special price...

as for the mvt...the 21.6K is not so bad if I was asked..I had and have a couple of them and never had any bigger problems...maybe I was lucky...

21.6K or 28.8K???

If you click on the Perfectclones link in the first post the heading specifically states 'Asian 7750 chrono 28,800bph'.

Has Joshua got it wrong or is he now supplying the newer movement?

If he says it's a 28k, it's most likely a 28k. This must be new.

I got the 3717 too, but I deliberately bought the 21.6K version as I wanted to transplant a Swiss movement into it. However it is still running fine on the old one but surgery is coming up soon. You won't regret the 3717 - you can only fully appreciate it when it's on your arm.

If he says it's a 28k, it's most likely a 28k. This must be new.

thank you everyone for your input.. i have ordered the 3717 28k movement.. and have already put in the order for my brown alligator strap .. kevlar .. and honey brown strap for the spitefire that I have yet to order... I need some white dials .. :p

I would someday like to give PT a go but being in the UK .. i am hesitant because of customs to the USA .. and being in Hawaii (a port city with a big naval Base) presents other challenges with the big C (now under Home land security)

the ST. E has a little too much flash for me and the 3717 markings has a magnetic attraction to the eye's.. looks rather teutonic in nature

Thanks again,

lanikai

It really is too bad the Portuguese is so unreliable :( , otherwise that would be my first choice of an IWC replica. With the horror stories of stopped seconds movements all over the forum I can't justify the purchase.

I'm just waiting for a another version (and more reliable) of the asian 7750 sec@6 just to purchase these beauty :rolleyes:

Asian 7750 sec@6 are just a piece of crap. :cc_chinese: really need to return to the drawing table and do better this time.

Edited by magagne

Actually, I am getting the new A7750 28k as this movement has "proven" to be 100 % better than the older 7750 21600 ... :1a: and it is being loaded into the Postal truck for delivery today as i type this ... :D

pics to follow later today ... hope so..., cause.. it's Monday ..and with that comes Monday night Football.. :D Dluddy's team vs. the Cicinatti Bengals (Carson Palmer) .. should be a Good game if bengals defense can contain the explosive O of NE... but don't bet on that happening .. New England by 2 TD' B)