When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

China

World Traveller

I find articles like this fascinating, to remove some of the mystery of where the reps come from. Many of the factories that make the reps also manufacture legitimate items, then they make extra money as a replica factory.

[url=http://www.asiasentinel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=509&Itemid=32]China

Very interesting, thanks!

I just wonder how the compiler of the arcticle incurred long-term brain damage even without being employed in chemical fumes environment when he was a teenager... :g:

No word on the mistress.

LOL.

First, thanks World Traveller! A good read. :)

Yes, a very interesting article, but not too in-depth. I wonder how in-depth one can make such things, but it strikes me that without Chinese investigative reports WITHIN China exploring the piracy issue, it will never be solved or controlled.

The real failing of the East is not quality control, customer service, and little white lies which foment such problems for us on RWG -- but the very real problem of institutionalised bribery.

Bribery exists in any country, from the US to Japan. But public accountability and systemic breakdowns are what separate the First World from still "developing countries", and always will.

Haven't you ever wondered if our collectors slipped EMS officials a little extra so that certain packages could go on their merry way quicker, and more safely, than others?

BTW, World Intellectual Property Day? I see a funeral pyre of DVDs, CDs and Rolexes going up in flames in Shenzen Town Centre, you? OMG, Kyoto Treaty abuse, run for the hills! ;)

P.S.: Anyone wonder how much money our collectors will make during the Beijing Olympics IN China? Everything is pointing to a greater crackdown during that time. That and other already mentioned factors, and I'm not now surprised they've been raising prices right-and-left.

Get it, whilst you can.

Wow....very interesting article....

Thank you!

p.s. I kept clicking on the picture, thinking it would zoom in so that i could see what kinda watches are there........i think i need help....

They look like very poor Daytona reps to me... canal street style; nothing of the high quality we are blessed with that's for sure!