When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lemania Hand Wind Chronograph Movement

Feta1

Recently I have taken a liking to the Ferrari reps. Looking around at some of the dealers some of the watches have our standard Asian 7750 movement, but then there are others like this one here that have a "Lemania Hand Wind Chronograph Movement".

Can someone tell me about this movement. Is it reliable?

Also can anyone comment on the over all quality of the Ferrari reps?

Thanks!

The 'Lemania' handwind is normally a Seagull 2 register chrono movement that is highly reliable and a much better long-term prospect than the Asian 7750 modified to the 7753 3, 6, 9 layout.

Great news!!! Can any now comment on the quality of the Ferrari reps?

Damn cursed Venus 175 copies, they never break, a watchmaker's worse nightmare, the Maytag of the watch world...I hate the cursed Venus 175... :D

Yes they are good movements, you can read the review of it here

For your info, it's NOT a Lemania anything...

Venus 175 movement review

This watch is by far one of the best I have seen in terms of case quality, fit and finish etc, simply amazing.

RG

Great news!!! Can any now comment on the quality of the Ferrari reps?

Some time back I inquired to one of the more trusted dealer about this watch. He told me that it was of lesser quality than the other Ferrari watches and he would prefer not selling it to me. He didn't doubt the movement at all, but, said the case, etc., were not made by the same company that produced the higher end Ferrari watches. But, it's best you make up your own mind about it. Could be that the dealers opinion may differ from yours, or, others.

The 'Lemania' handwind is normally a Seagull 2 register chrono movement that is highly reliable and a much better long-term prospect than the Asian 7750 modified to the 7753 3, 6, 9 layout.

I wonder why Josh and Andrew have some with the 7750 and some with the Lemania' handwind if the latter is the superior movement? The Lemania' handwind is about $100.00 cheaper too... insteresting :blink:

I wonder why Josh and Andrew have some with the 7750 and some with the Lemania' handwind if the latter is the superior movement? The Lemania' handwind is about $100.00 cheaper too... insteresting :blink:

The Seagull (it really does have nothing at all to do with a Lemania) is not an automatic. The 7750 is an automatic. Which would you prefer, a more reliable movement or an automatic movement?

The Seagull (it really does have nothing at all to do with a Lemania) is not an automatic. The 7750 is an automatic. Which would you prefer, a more reliable movement or an automatic movement?

Would the key difference between the 2 just be how long the watch will go before you have to wind it again??? If so I guess it would depend on how many hours the seagull will run on a single winding...

Would the key difference between the 2 just be how long the watch will go before you have to wind it again??? If so I guess it would depend on how many hours the seagull will run on a single winding...

If you wear the 7750 constantly, it never needs winding. The Seagull ST19 gets about 36-42 hours on one complete to-the-stop winding.

am I the only freak that actually enjoys winding watches? I try to rotate my manual winds so I have at least a few per day to wind. I'm not sure what it is but once a day would be fine with me. Also, after hearing how reliable this movement is,,,it definately is on my list in one form or another.