When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lois Maxwell, Miss Moneypenny, RIP

jkerouac

Shurely shome mishtake...Missh Funnyfannny........ :(

Sad news......I didn't realise she was 80.....her 'jousts' with Connery were always amusing....good character actress....plus she had a great set of pins.......!

Edited by TTK

LONDON - Lois Maxwell, the Canadian-born actress who was to many fans the definitive Miss Moneypenny in James Bond films, has died in Western Australia aged 80, the British Broadcasting Corp. reported Sunday.

Blimey, she was 80, CANADIAN and lived in Oz?? This is information overload.

Still, RIP. I loved her sexy give-and-take with Sean Connery a lot. :(

P.S.: Since my boyfriend is Canadian, I always tease him since Canadians go around saying, "Mary Pickford, yep she was Canadian. Kim Cattrall? Canadian. Louis B. Mayer, Canadian lad"...if someone was remotely connected to Canada, they pipe up and claim them. So I'm sure he's already heard of Miss Moneypenny having passed.

Coincidentally, I just learnt that Melissa Sue Anderson, who played Mary Ingalls in Little House on the Prairie you recall, and her entire family became naturalised Canadian citizens on Canada Day (1 Jul) of this year. WTF!

I wonder if she's seen that Canadian show, "Little Mosque on the Prairie"...