When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch From The Future

TeeJay

Just an idea I was kicking about in my head, ie what would a 45mm Planet Ocean look like in 50 years time, and wondered if people thought it'd make a good project? Off the top of my head, I'm thinking scuffed up bezel insert and missing pearl, dial lume vintaged to a browney orange, all over 'hair scratches' on the case, as well as a few 'meaty dings', and maybe even some damage to the crystal. Strap wise, while I guess it would be possible for someone to source the rubber strap in 50 years, I'm wondering if a NATO strap might be more in keeping, or if the rubber strap itself should be distressed? What do folks think? Yay or nay?

PS This would not be happening to my 45 Planet Ocean, but one I'd source specially for the project :lol:

Do it!

haha i think the same way as you.. I vintagized a new rep Rolex Daytona white gold look with the black and red dial. It looked kinda dumb becasue i KNOW its a new model and it didnt feel right at all. Maybe we should start a new section here called "Future Vintage" and mod current model watches to look 40 yrs old. I think the planet ocean is a great watch for this mod

My Noob is beaten to death and looks 40 yrs old haha.. I "over vintagized" it just a bit LOL

LOnnie