When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Tube for Ultimate PO will not fit rep case

cib0rgman

Hello everyone.

I Have a Ultimate PO and the tube stripped, so I went ahead and purchased a Gen Crown and tube to my surprise the tube will no fit.

Can someone advice me what to do, is there a way to make that tube fit. I really love this watch it will a shame if can not be fix.

Thanks

Hello everyone.

I Have a Ultimate PO and the tube stripped, so I went ahead and purchased a Gen Crown and tube to my surprise the tube will no fit.

Can someone advice me what to do, is there a way to make that tube fit. I really love this watch it will a shame if can not be fix.

Thanks

give us good details on why it will not fit, anything is possible with the right approach, include some pics as well so we can see what is going on.

I have more information on why the tube does not fit. I stopped by my watch repair guy shop yesterday and he showed me why the tube does not fit the rep case.

Well the Gen tube has a thread that supposes to screw to the case; the rep case has no thread and is inserted by pushing the tube into the case is very tight. I do not see how this can be fixed, I order the parts from one of our dealers. Andrew was the supplier of the watch and as always he comes to the rescue.

The hole in the case is bigger than the threaded tube. Gorilla glue or epoxy is the best bet.

I had the same problem with my UPO. Ordered the gen parts and found the same situation as CribOrgman. Andreww has the solution. I found that the difference in the case hole and the threaded gen tube to be very slight. I coated the threads of the tube with Gorilla glue and inserted it into the case hole. I then clamped the case and the tube together because Gorilla glue expands as it cures and I wanted it to expand against the case rather than push the tube out. After curing over night, a little cleaning of any excess glue around the case tube with a Dremel wire brush and the job is complete. The gen tube seems to be firmly locked into place and working great.