When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need advise on buying new bracelet end pieces for MBW 1665

bklm1234

I would strongly advise AGAINST buying ANYTHING from this seller (WHOLESALEOUTLET990). They are a complete rip-off!

They lie about descriptions, sell items that do not match their descriptions and then lie when answering specific questions (example: Will these end links fit standard 2mm Rolex diameter spring bars? "Yes" (correct answer is no)).

Stay away!

Thanks for the advise and caution. I was told Wholesaleoutlet990 and JewelryOutlet are run by the same person, Faisal Ali. I bought many inserts, including modern GMT and sub inserts, from JewelryOutlet. The GMT insert is excellent for the money, $10+5 shipping. I use those for my GMT and By-Tor also uses them. The sub insert is also great and is what I use for the MBW, which I put a watchmaterial pearl in to make it even better. Faisal messed up a couple orders for me but I always got my stuff. He hasn't misrepresented his products since I never asked that kind of questions. I'm gonna try the end pieces after all they are not too much.

-bk

Just curious: should I start to worry...I'm waiting for my inserts since a while.

Ordered in september 5, shipped on 9...still nothing arrived.

Here is the mail...

I have shipped the following item to you. You should be receiving it shortly.

All Domestic Orders Should Be Received Within 6 Business Days And Most International

Orders Are Received Within 10 Days But Can Take Upto 30 Days To Receive Depending

On Your Countries Customs Inspection Polices. Any Emails Regarding Shipping

That Have Not Allowed The Appropriate Time As Stated Above Will Be Disregarded.

Thank You For Your Business And Understanding.

Item title: RED/BLACK BEZEL INSERT FOR ROLEX GMT 16700,16718,16760

Yea, for $18 you won't get hurt too bad.

Correct end pieces for the GW 1665 would be either the 580 or 585 end pieces on the 93150 hollow mid-link band. And of course, there would be no notches on the back side to get at the spring bars. That's why you have the lug holes!

The closest I've come on a rep band are Pauls DRSD and his Red sub- each w/ hollow mid-links and the 580 end pieces (with notches on back. I'd love to find a rep 580 end piece w/o the notches on the back.

BK.

The best aftermarket bracelet that I ever got was this one (no Rolex logos):

http://cgi.ebay.com/MENS-SS-OYSTER-WATCH-B...oQQcmdZViewItem

The bracelet (though incorrect with solid midlinks) was very well finished, smooth, no sharp edges. I was able to drill it out and fit rolex size endlinks through it.

One huge surprise was the endlinks. They had a different "holding" mechanism for the springbar. As we all know - the endlinks on the MBW bracelet are crap (those welded circle things). They can only be cut and still do not fit very well. Well - these endlinks are designed differently and can be adjusted to legitimately hold the Rolex size springbars. The ones that I have are labeled 455B similar to the ones that you have shown in your link. I can not see the part of the endlink in the picture that would show what type of springbar catch mechanism is designed into the endlink (it is the part of the endlink which is not shown) - but if these are the same (as they might be since they both say 455B) - you will not be disappointed. I will try to post a picture of mine. I can't find my camera at the moment. I know - that sounds lame - but it is true.