When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW 16610 Bezel info req

rosnik

I guys,

I received this morning my MBW 16610,

immediately I started to mod it! .......................Like is obvious!! :D

Removing the bezel, I find some strange things: :bangin:

The Bezel ring, is not like gen. bezel ring!!! :black_eye:

He has one lower round washer with same anti clock-wise rotating teeh.

There was not the classic gen. Rolex little spring. :bicycle:

see picture please:

Is this normal for 16610 MBW??

Can I get the gen. bezel too??

dscn4078eh4.jpg

dscn4079fh6.jpg

dscn4080qv8.jpg

dscn4081sl3.jpg

Edited by rosnik

Your 16610 has the identical bezel assembly of the TW case and it is correct for the MBW. I have the same and tried to install a gen bezel assembly and it did not work for me. I believe others have tried with the same results.

The MBW 16610 is not built exactly as the gen so OEM parts will not just drop in. Only the MBW vintage sport models ( 1665 & 1680) will accept OEM parts with little or no mods.

Having said this, the TW's bezel assembly has the correct 120 clicks and feels very close to the real deal in terms of functionality. I installed a gen insert and it looks terrific.

Enjoy the new toy! It's a darn nice watch. B)

The MBW 16610 is not built exactly as the gen so OEM parts will not just drop in.

:( I'm not happy for this......... :(

Do the OEM sapphire crystal go in 16610 MBW?

I think that the MBW crystasl is one bit .......low and light too............

Edited by rosnik

rosnik I would not bet on it. Once upon a time Maria offered the MBW 16610 with what he stated was an OEM service crystal and the crystal was accurately stamped with an "S". These cases have changed over the years and the only way to know is to try.

I believe that you would gain additional crystal height by removing the insert and shaving the back side a bit. If it's installed with double sided tape, remove it and use an appropriate glue/adhesive which would provide additional crystal clearance.

You should be happy as it is a great watch for the cost. :) The alternative would to invest around $4K for a second hand 16610 which is considerably more $s.

Hi Rosnik,

No, you have to mod the retaining ring to fit the watch.

This link will explain you the how and the why:

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic....&highlight=

Regards,

Thank you Slickdick, :)

I sow yesterday the link and it's sure interesting,

but there is one lose picture ( the 4rd one ) and is not so clear for me the exact work to do.

..................SORRY!! :bangin:

Have I to reduce with a lathe the retaining ring?

The missing pic is not a problem, in short you need to grind of a couple of mm from the inside of the retaining ring whilst maintaining an exact round shape, for the ring to (pressure) fit over the crystal on to the case.

But if you need specific answers, contact member leatherback, his is also on this board, i am sure he will be of assistance.

I have sure some problem to clearly understand that 3D..........

this is sure due to my bud English language comprehension:bangin:

SO:

I have to order the replacing set (BEZEL,INSERT,RETAINING RING FOR NEW ROLEX SUBMARINER).

I have to pull out the original MBW glass retaining link.

I have to adapt the Gen type new retaining ring.

assuming this is correct,

I do not understand how to get the right glass high.

sorry! :wub:

I have sure some problem to clearly understand that 3D..........

this is sure due to my bud English language comprehension:bangin:

SO:

I have to order the replacing set (BEZEL,INSERT,RETAINING RING FOR NEW ROLEX SUBMARINER).

I have to pull out the original MBW glass retaining link.

I have to adapt the Gen type new retaining ring.

assuming this is correct,

I do not understand how to get the right glass high.

sorry! :wub:

Hey Rosnik, I assume you already did what Jetson suggested ... shaving the back side and removing the double sided tape :mellow: I ask you this because this is the same thing I did with my sub and it worked perfectly! My cristal is now indistinguishable from a gen in therms of height! I think the MBW crystal is not a flaw after all ;)

Hey Rosnik, I assume you already did what Jetson suggested ... shaving the back side and removing the double sided tape :mellow: I ask you this because this is the same thing I did with my sub and it worked perfectly! My cristal is now indistinguishable from a gen in therms of height! I think the MBW crystal is not a flaw after all ;)

Yes, thank you, I do it jet,

but I'm not totally satisfied....

I'll get some pictures later. ;)

Yes, thank you, I do it jet,

but I'm not totally satisfied....

I'll get some pictures later. ;)

The easiest way is to remove your insert and shave a bit off the bottom as I stated above. Judging from your photos, the MBW's insert is not properly seated against the bezel. Remove it (soaking the bezel with insert in warm soapy water for approximately one hour will make this very easy to do) and remove the double sided tape which you may have. That alone will help gain additional clearance. If you need more clearance, you can remove material from the back-side of the insert which you would also have to do with an OEM insert.

I would not recommend spending a ton of cash on OEM parts that are NOT designed to fit the MBW. The MBW 16610 is not a 1:1 case plus it is not assembled as the gen is.

A couple of photos that may be of help:

MBW/TW with OEM bezel and insert temporarily attached:

111116011ns3.jpg

Identical watch with the standard bezel and OEM insert-sanded so it is very thin:

twsubdialreducedoo5.jpg

See any huge differences?

Thank you Jetsons, :)

I do like you seed.

I removed the rotating bezel and removed the insert.

I pull the glue and polished reducing the insert shape.

than with a lathe I reduced high of the rotating bezel too, I can't go down more than so, because there is the o-ring intersection.

that's the result.

dscn4108qz6.jpg

dscn4109ly5.jpg

dscn4110qk1.jpg

dscn4111kn9.jpg

Getting in paragon with one Gen 16610, it's always too low! :bangin:

Edited by rosnik