When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I ordered two inserts from Wholesaleoutlet990 / JewelryOutlet / Faisal Ali.

Stephane

You ! Pirate !

Thanks man, very very nice gesture.

Never hesitate to let me know how I can help ;)

Cheers

Stephane

Let me check with my 'guy' ;)

I will PM you if I have news.

Have fun with your watch, GMT is Nr. 2 of my favourite Rolex watches - I already have a nice idea what you can do for me, involving your reviews ;)

Will let you know,

PZ

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me check with my 'guy' ;)

I will PM you if I have news.

Have fun with your watch, GMT is Nr. 2 of my favourite Rolex watches - I already have a nice idea what you can do for me, involving your reviews ;)

Will let you know,

PZ

I hope you won't ask me to check all the typos and errors :Jumpy:

TeeJay,

Let's be straight.

You and me are not close friends and, pls note it's Froglish I'm speaking, we have completely different point of views which will impeech us to become whatever but two users on a same forum.

Your point is always: they lie. It's not like a genuine. Do not buy from Josh, Andrew, Paul, and now Ali...which is ruining the atmosphere of my hobby.

Mine: it's close to what i hoped but if I want better, than I should go genuine, and go to Rolex thus.

Buy from who ever you want as long as they didn't point a gun on your head, you're free to change you mind.

But, when you order and are delivered, pay and stick to your word.

Why close the dispute?

Because the guy is honnest.

He said it was shipped on september 9th, and it was.

Because 30 $ is very very cheap for such nice inserts, although not as accurate as Rolex ones.

But after buying genuine parts from Rolex I know that they are never the same either.

I am never checking a restaurant bill, I always help friends when they have financial problems, ...

Mostly, because I hate to speak about money. It's so boaring.

The watch I'm wearing right now, I might have paid say 300$.

I could sell it for 1.000 to a person who loves it or give it for free to a person I love.

Money doesn't matter for me.

I have had up and downs man.

And since 10 years, I'm really UP to my standarts.

I had weeks when I only could afford a kilo of potatoes and weeks I spend in the Oriental Hotel in Bangkok or in a Sorrento 4 star.

I'm not sure you get my point, but I will have tried my best to make it as clear as you once did with me: leave me in peace.

Stephane

Stephane,

I do not mean to be rude, but us 'being friends' has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the comments I have made on here. Ruining the atmosphere of YOUR hobby??!! You arrogant person. This board dopes not exist solely for YOUR pleasure and benefit. Your previous comments trying to get people to subscribe were ruining the atmosphere, not just of my hobby, but of other people who were also offended by your behaviour. You have no moral high ground to take when it comes to 'ruining the atmosphere'. Given the treatment you have directed towards myself and others who have not made subscriptions, quite frankly, I do not care for you or your opinion, however, that did not stop me from attempting to advise you on how to deal with Faisal the Liar. Any ill feeling between us is purely the result of your behaviour towards non-subscribing members.

However.

This specific seller, and sellers like him, is something which affects all the members of the COMMUNITY who might buy from him/them in future. Also, for your information, I have not 'just' added Faisal to my 'hit list' of dubious dealers, he was already on it long before I found this forum, and I have warned others not to buy from him on numerous occasions for precicely the reasons given above. Now. If you personally are happy to accept 'little white lies' and buy from such people, then go ahead, it's your money. But. Do not for one second think that other people should also have to put up with that standard of service. The fact of the matter, is Faisal Ali is a LIAR. His sales blurb is inaccurate and misleading. As someone else mentioned, he is not selling illegal products, he is selling legal aftermarket parts on a legal auction site, and as such, is required to ACCURATELY describe the goods he sells. He does not do that, and that makes him a liar.

As I said, if you're happy with the quality of the inserts, then that's great. For you. However, not everyone who orders from him is going to settle for what he so laughingly sells as 'indistinguishable from the real thing', and, as has been pointed out on other threads of this nature, this is not about how someone personally feels about the service they personally received, but about how the seller presents their goods, the way they conduct themselves, and that they do both in an honest manner, as that affects the entire community.

Frankly, I don't care what you paid for the goods or how much the watch you're wearing cost, it has nothing to do with the quality of the inserts Faisal sells, and as you said, talking about money is boring. This person has misleading sales pitches, and people should be aware of that fact before they decide if they choose to do business with him or not.

This thing started out as a delivery problem and not a quality problem. That issue has been solved. The quality issue is a complex one and will NEVER be solved to EVERYBODY'S satisfaction. If you put a gen and a rep side by side, same light, same angle, shoot a tripod macro picture and then have 30 minutes to stare at that shot on your computer screen, you will always find issues.

Me, I'm not like that. The price of his inserts is cheap. The quality is not. They are good and visibly better than what the rep came with. Yes, you can buy a gen insert and it will be.... gen. It will also cost a lot more. I have his inserts on my noobs, on my GMT II, on my MBW 1680 and a few waiting to be installed. Works for me... but then again, thank God there's no "one size fits all"... :D

And as I just said to Stephane, that's fine, but does nothing to change the fact that Faisal lists his inserts as 'indistinguishable' from the real thing, and as good quality as they are, they are still distinguishable. Either something is, or it is not. These inserts are a 'grey area' in that they are pretty good and better than what the reps come with. And that's fine. But. My issue is with Faisal's sales blurb, in that it is simply not correct, and, as mentioned above, he is selling legitimate parts on a legitimate site. He has an obligation to his clients to accurately represent his products. If people want to buy from him, then that's their choice. I just want to see things described accurately, and sold accordingly, so that other people in the community aren't taken in by such misleading sales blurbs :)

Stephane,

I do not mean to be rude, but us 'being friends' has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the comments I have made on here. Ruining the atmosphere of YOUR hobby??!! You arrogant person. This board dopes not exist solely for YOUR pleasure and benefit. Your previous comments trying to get people to subscribe were ruining the atmosphere, not just of my hobby, but of other people who were also offended by your behaviour. You have no moral high ground to take when it comes to 'ruining the atmosphere'. Given the treatment you have directed towards myself and others who have not made subscriptions, quite frankly, I do not care for you or your opinion, however, that did not stop me from attempting to advise you on how to deal with Faisal the Liar. Any ill feeling between us is purely the result of your behaviour towards non-subscribing members.

However.

This specific seller, and sellers like him, is something which affects all the members of the COMMUNITY who might buy from him/them in future. Also, for your information, I have not 'just' added Faisal to my 'hit list' of dubious dealers, he was already on it long before I found this forum, and I have warned others not to buy from him on numerous occasions for precicely the reasons given above. Now. If you personally are happy to accept 'little white lies' and buy from such people, then go ahead, it's your money. But. Do not for one second think that other people should also have to put up with that standard of service. The fact of the matter, is Faisal Ali is a LIAR. His sales blurb is inaccurate and misleading. As someone else mentioned, he is not selling illegal products, he is selling legal aftermarket parts on a legal auction site, and as such, is required to ACCURATELY describe the goods he sells. He does not do that, and that makes him a liar.

As I said, if you're happy with the quality of the inserts, then that's great. For you. However, not everyone who orders from him is going to settle for what he so laughingly sells as 'indistinguishable from the real thing', and, as has been pointed out on other threads of this nature, this is not about how someone personally feels about the service they personally received, but about how the seller presents their goods, the way they conduct themselves, and that they do both in an honest manner, as that affects the entire community.

Frankly, I don't care what you paid for the goods or how much the watch you're wearing cost, it has nothing to do with the quality of the inserts Faisal sells, and as you said, talking about money is boring. This person has misleading sales pitches, and people should be aware of that fact before they decide if they choose to do business with him or not.

:rofl:

You are so cheap!

:rofl:

You are so cheap!

Yes, I am. I openly admit it. I don't like paying more for an item than it is actually worth. Not that that has anything to do with the fact that I don't care if something costs 1 penny or a billion dollars, if someone is selling it, they should sell it accurately and honestly for what it is. That is the beef I have with sellers like those mentioned above. My beef with sellers like this is not how it affects me, but how it can affect the other members of the community. Is that wrong? Oh, and before the issue of subscriptions/donations is raised again, I have already vowed to contribute $50 a month, every month to the forum's upkeep, so how's that for being cheap? The only reason I did not do so last friday, is because one of my clients thought it would be fun to give me a cheque which they did not have the funds to cover. I don't have a 9-5 salary job, I am self-employed, so when someone does something like that, it prevents me from making good on my promises, and that is something I find intensely irritating. So. How does $50 a month sound to you with your 'donation drives'? Good enough?

Peace be with you.

The biggest problem with the usual aftermarket GMT inserts is the color. Way too dark blue, and way too "burgundy" red on the Pepsi inserts. The ones Joe and Palp used to sell also had misaligned "dot" between 10 and 8.

The font is a bit too tall on my "Noob" GMT, but the color is perfect 1:1. Same with the burgundy/black one. Excellent color & shine. And once again, beggars can't be choosers.

2007 model gen on the left, my rep (with jewelryoutlet insert) on the right (pic by bklm1234).

Thanks for the info, Bytor! Looks good to me specially for the price.

It's too darn painful to grind a high cost gen insert. :lol:

50 a month ?!

Dollars or Euros or Pounds ?

:giveup:

Admin, pls do not forget my % as it seems I'm self employed too.

:lol::greedy:

Buy from Josh and Ali, they lie, but deliver

:kiss1:

Fifty Dollars. US Greenbacks :lol: The globally accepted currency :lol:

Are you also self-employed? What manner of business do you work in? I'm an art consultant/conceptual artist.