When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

>>>>review Planet Ocean 4th Gen<<<<<

Rolexman

Okay Ladies & gentlemen,

The review you've all been waiting for ... not really but what the hell :bangin:

This is Andrew's 4th generation black PO (without the so called Omega symbol modification). I have had this watch for about 3 weeks now but I just didn't had the time to shoot some pics and do a review.

First of all I would like to say that Andrew was a pleasure to deal with. Prompt replies and fast delivery! All together I think it took 3 weeks before the watch got deliverd due to the large demand and a delay in shipment.

When the watch arrived it was safely packed in bubblewrap.

Here we go....

Overall looks are great. The crystal has a slight blueish AR coating which is hard to photograph. The PO feels and wears great!!

54442-35708.jpg

Overall finish is good. Smooth bracelet.

54442-35709.jpg

Nice solid case back. Too bad the 'Planet Ocean' is etched and not engraved. The P and O are capitals (like gen) so that's pretty nice!

54442-35710.jpg

Bracelet is attached perfectly to the case with the numbers engraved on the end link.

54442-35711.jpg

Deep clasp engravement with the correct 'Planet Ocean' font.

54442-35712.jpg

Numbers and logo engraved on the inside of the clasp fold.

54442-35713.jpg

Inside clasp has a poor finish.

54442-35714.jpg

Perfect working divers extension.

54442-35715.jpg

Correct HE valve placement IMHO and nice bezel edge.

54442-35716.jpg

Pearl is sticking out too far but not really noticeable.

54442-35717.jpg

Omega logo position acceptable. At least it isn't touching the Omega word. It could have been a tad higher though.

54442-35718.jpg

Omega logo on crown. The crown easily screws on and off, smooth hand winding.

54442-35719.jpg

Too large gap between the end link and the bracelet but it doesn't bother me because when wearing the watch it's hardly noticeable

54442-35720.jpg

The pretty nickel plated ETA 2824 with the crappy plastic movement holder....

54442-35721.jpg

My Photo set-up ( shoe box and Armani under wear box) :victory:

54442-35722.jpg

Conclusion: For the price it's a very nice and descent watch. It keeps perfect time(+5 secs/day) and it looks and feels great. Sure there are some small quality and finishing issues but it is and stays a replica..,

Defenately one of the best reps at the moment!!

Edited by Rolexman

Well I was considering buying one of these from Andrew, but you have now persuaded me not to. I think the flaws that are on this watch are unacceptable for the price that the PO is being sold at. For that sort of money you would think they could at least get the most visual part of the watch, the dial, right. Crooked markers and poor placement of logo are just completly unacceptable!!!!! As is the gap between the end link and the watch case!!!!!!

I hope Andrew is reading this as he has just lost a sale.

Does yours have trouble with the Divers extension not staying latched? Does anyone have a fix for this?

There isnt really any adjustments you can make to the retaining bar, but you could try to possibly locate and oem bar (its actually spread bar instead of solid like the rep) if you measure yours I can tell you if the standard smp gen in the same... might make it easier to source one. Otherwise you could try going to a good hardware store and see if you can find something that will fit very snuggly over the bar to give it a little extra girth.

Does yours have trouble with the Divers extension not staying latched? Does anyone have a fix for this?

I have no problems wit it but my SMP did and it was an easy fix. Just put a small tip scewdriver in the slit where the red arrow is located and gently push the both bars outwards (hope this makes sence)

60207-34811.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just recieved my PO (my first replica yay :D). Is the divers extention suppose to come out easily? Mine is sort of in between coming off easily and staying latched. I tried rolexman's method to make it stay latched better, but i didn't want to force it too much as i was scared of snapping it. Are there other methods?

Also are there any ways to make the clasp function better, apart from purchasing a gen one?

On a side note, i love this better than a gen SMP my bro has :D!

Edited by pezzy