When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What movement is in the UPO lite?

cableguy

I was searching and it seems to be DG8413 movement??

can anyone help me?

does anyone know if this movement can be bought in the US? I tried searching for it on ofrei's site but im having issues. anyone got pointers?

*on another note, if i install a ETA 2846, what kind of date wheel will i need to get so the font matches. (black date wheel i know, but is it just a standard ETA 2846 datewheel?)

and yes i know ill need new gen hands

I was searching and it seems to be DG8413 movement??

can anyone help me?

does anyone know if this movement can be bought in the US? I tried searching for it on ofrei's site but im having issues. anyone got pointers?

*on another note, if i install a ETA 2846, what kind of date wheel will i need to get so the font matches. (black date wheel i know, but is it just a standard ETA 2846 datewheel?)

and yes i know ill need new gen hands

I was not satisfied with my UPO Lite movement (it was behaving quite erratic) so I decided to replace it. Since it was mentioned few times that this is DG2813, I ordered two from Cousins (at 5 GBP each I wasn't thinking very much). After seeing it in one next to another, I would say these are not same movements. I'll try to make some pictures when I get some spare time. They are very similar, and I was able to replace original movement with DG 2813, but there are some differences. And, DG 2813 I got from Cousins is definitely NOT 28000 bph, and movement from UPO is. So I would think it may very well be 4813.

regards

I think a DG8413 is the same as a Lemania 1874, there ain't none...

The best option is to either buy the ETA powered model, or if you get the Asian one and aren't pleased with the movement, try replacing it with a Miyota 8215.

Asian powered watches can't be upgraded with ETA movements, nothing fits...hands, dial, datewindow, case ring etc...

RG

The Zigmeister, the watch keeps stopping at 1145 (right before the date change) so i thought i might be able to be replace the movement, and just swap all the parts over.

are you saying the DG8413 is a non existant movement? or just replacements arent to be found. you lost me there....

would the Miyota 8215 have the same date font that would be accurate for the planet ocean? and would the hands, dial date etc fit it?

*EDIT* could it be the DG4813 and not 8413?

http://www.ofrei.com/page1119.html

i see it listed in Ofrei's site..

The Zigmeister, the watch keeps stopping at 1145 (right before the date change) so i thought i might be able to be replace the movement, and just swap all the parts over.

are you saying the DG8413 is a non existant movement? or just replacements arent to be found. you lost me there....

would the Miyota 8215 have the same date font that would be accurate for the planet ocean? and would the hands, dial date etc fit it?

*EDIT* could it be the DG4813 and not 8413?

http://www.ofrei.com/page1119.html

i see it listed in Ofrei's site..

Yes i think its the same movement, DG4813 is correct, Cousins UK have just made a mistake calling it the DG8413

Yes i think its the same movement, DG4813 is correct, Cousins UK have just made a mistake calling it the DG8413

Yup, it is 4813, and it is definitely movement I got in my UPO Lite, and I successfully replaced it with DG2813 from Cousins. It's interesting info that it can be replaced with Myota.

BTW, Cousins have redesigned their site, quite confusing, you can't browse items any more, you must search :o and some things not working like it should ...

regards

Since Omega is part of the Swatch group, and so is ETA, I would think the only correct date font would be on an ETA.

It doesnt' make a lot of sense to me to replace a faulty DG with another DG...if the Miyota fits, then that would be my solution. I have never tried to replace a DG4813 with a Miyota, so I can't say if it's possible or not.

RG

Its not like the 28k movement is any more accurate than the 21k. The gen PO beats at 25.2k, so neither is accurate.

I know it's not, even more, in my experience "old" 21600 Asian 21j are waay more accurate than "new" 28800. All of 21600 21j I came across were inside 5 secs a day, but I have yet to find 28800 Asian (excluding 7750 and 2892 clone) that would be inside 5 sacs/day.

But, 28800 Miyota would be more accurate that 28800 Asian, and would look better (sweep) than 21600 Miyota - and I was thinking about SOSF and BR 03 as candidates for transplant.

regards

Hey Sucre, can u answer that for me? :lol:

Sorry man, just too busy these days :huh:

I used the old crown stem, and it works - although it is not 100% same as one I got with 2813.

BTW, when you buy DG2813 from cousins you don't get full length stem, so if you want to use original 2813 stem you have to order it separately.

regards