When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This is what i sent for mods

lazarini

Nope , that is the caseback of the modder just to give me a peak ... ill stick to my own as after the research and a few chats with few respected members here we i realised that my back is correct for the GW ...

That said i might add that the "collector" that i got the watch from also offerd emediate case back swap if i decided to do so ... great guy !

regards laz

So round marking "Rolex" on the caseback is right for a white SD

to clear the fact ;)

Tribal, I've seen this case back on "the double red" but since so many of those dials were replaced by rlx service to the "white", it should be fine. B)

Laz, this is some great stuff! Your modded 1665 case back looks terrific and the DJ project look very yummy. :D I nice old butterfly Cal 1065 would be one sweet movement. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

J

this continues from my last update , this time it was dial that got relumed and installation of the flat top date wheel has took place .... mmmm flats are tasty :)

Looks good. Those flattop 3's are sweet. I just hope you have better luck with them than I had (the numbers kept drifting off-center & the adhesive kept gumming up the date-change & keyless works (and I had the same problem with 2 of the Watchmeister overlays)

Image44.jpg

Well, these overlays are a pain in the *ss.

I'm very lucky with mine though.

When wearing daily, it works fine and centers fine.

But, if I leave the watch without wrist time for a couple of days, it needs some manual play to have it perfect again.

Go figure...

Laz,

I'm not sure but it seems to me that your 1665 is done by someone else than your 1680 ...

Cheers

Stephane

Stephane ,

hope that the date wheel owerlay is not something what i will regret latter ... that said it looks so much better so much better (to me) then the one that came with the watch also the flat 3is is what i really wanted ...

Regarding the modder plese guys dont PM me askin who it is i have an agreement with this gentelmen to be reveled when the job is done ...

I want to keep my part of the bargain here and do as promised so all will be well i certanly will not risk to damage this friendship at any cost !

Hope u understand ....

Kind regards laz