When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New feature: RWG Wiki

Admin

This is not exactly a new feature, as it has been available for some time, but I thought it was about time to introduce it properly, because it is an interesting addition to our forum. The WIKI is a place where anybody can post an artcle, guide, FAQ, etc. and the other members of RWG can then edit this post. People can edit it to add images, add more info, correct spelling mistakes, etc. The most famous example of a Wiki is of course Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia, created by users all over the world.

With the help of this tool, the entire community can help out creating great guides for both old and new members. This will also be a centralized place for FAQ's, useful articles, etc. This is also where all of Ziggys great articles can be found now. These articles are however only available to RWG supporters ([email=http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?autocom=ibwiki&cmd=article&id=29]Upgrade info)

I encourage members to suggest new categories and also to start posting articles that all the members can build on in the Wiki :) We will also allow members to post new posts in the corresponding sections on the forum, linking to their wiki articles, either just for info of if they need help building guides, etc.

Feel free to post any questions regarding the Wiki in this thread.,

The link to the RWiki can be found in the top bar or you can use this link:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?autocom=ibwiki

All the settings look ok. When you enter one of the categories, you will have a "New article button" to the left.

To edit an article, use the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the article.

PS. All edits are placed on hold and approved by admin after they have been made, so they will not show up immediately.

All the settings look ok. When you enter one of the categories, you will have a "New article button" to the left.

To edit an article, use the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the article.

PS. All edits are placed on hold and approved by admin after they have been made, so they will not show up immediately.

Thanks Admin, now I see the "New article" button on the right. Is there a way to create new categories?

By the way, I can only see 4 articles, and 3 categories (Forum features, New members, Q&A's), but the stats say that there are 45 articles in 8 categories. I assume the 41 articles and 5 categories that I cannot see are only visible to RWG supporters?

By the way I really like the idea of having a Wiki, there are so many things that I have learned recently that would be so easily codified into a Wiki.

By the way, I can only see 4 articles, and 3 categories (Forum features, New members, Q&A's), but the stats say that there are 45 articles in 8 categories. I assume the 41 articles and 5 categories that I cannot see are only visible to RWG supporters?

That would be correct...

The Upgrade option is available by sending the Admin a PM...

Double T