When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Search For A Valjoux 72 Movement

Less then $400 these days for a V72 will be very tough - especially while at least three other folks on this board alone are looking for the same thing. The Collector alone has three of these projects going - geeez. However, a V23 is very possible to acquire at that price range.

I sourced a watchsmith who will look at the DW-copy movement, and see if he can repair it somehow, because it is not very reliable (stops every day at a certain time). if he tells me its junk, maybe i'll try to get a genuine vj23 for ~300$!

but i'm not paying 800$ for a 50 year old vj72!

Guys, Luckyyy posted this picture over on the darkside, after i saw this picture i have been trying to get in touch with luckyyy regarding the movement. Do you guys know how to get hold of him?

email is the best way but don't hold your breath if he doesn't know you he might not bother replying, and he can take a while to reply even if he does wanna talk to you lol. I have had emails from him within 10 mins and also after about 4 days lol.

@Edge, thanks. I have never been in touch with luckyy before., so he does not know me... I sent him a pm here and on the darkside but no reply, this was about one week ago...

Email only no PM's. You will need to let him know in your first email you aren't a noob. Tell him some senior members you have become close with and hav references from and all will be fine. You can feel free to use me as a reference, I will vouch for you if you want.

Chris

Man... I could use one for this project...

55648-35543.jpg

Been on the back burner for almost a year now... Just haven't felt the need to drop $1k for the movement as of yet.

Randy it's yours if you want it. Will do you a good deal on the GMT dial and the ebel??? Also the 165 case and bezel is stil avalable hahahahahaha!!!!!!

Chris