When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Setting the time on your watch

ahchard

I was just curious if other members are the same as me... in the past, when I wanted to set the time I just unscrewed the crown on my watch and set the time and screwed the crown back on. End of story...

Lately, with my watch fetish growing and buying more watches... when I set the time, I tend to wait till the second hand reaches zero (or the 12 o'clock marker) then I pull out the crown so the second hand stops exactly, or close to zero. I then set the time exact to the minute (pointing directly at the marker), so I know the minute hand will be pointing exactly to the minute as the second hand reaches zero.

Sometimes when I am busy or in a hurry where I can't be bothered to wait for the second hand to reach zero, I will set the minute hand accordingly, if the second hand is close to 30 secs, I will set the minute hand in the middle of two minute markers, or if the second hand is at 15 secs, I will set the minute hand a quarter of the way and so on...

Am I the only one doing this??? Am I going crazy???

The only way i know to see how your watch is keeping time is to set it exactely to the minute, stop the second hand on the 12,

and when the second hand on your pc reach the 12 push the crown back in. I always follow this rule and i'm not anal :p

Next (and following) day you can see how much gain or loose there is.

Am I the only one doing this??? Am I going crazy???

I posted on the Panerai section that I have recently been timing my Fiddy, and have it within COSC specs (!).

One thing I have always been, is picky about setting my clock(s) so that it matches the Atomic Clock, etc. For whatever reason, my "Synch Time" stopped working on my computer (no, my firewall settings hadn't changed). So I opened up an UDP port, and voil

We are all crazy....but in a way it makes us normal. It's the people who just "wind-and-set" that drives me crazy.

Now let's hope the makers can create a movement that has a reset-to-zero mechanism when setting the time, then it would be a thing of the past. ^_^

haha why dont you wear the Casio? ;)

Whens Rolex gunna make an Atomic watch? lol

I set my watches according to the time on my Blackberry (network time)

I set all my $300 to $10,000 watches according to my Casio atomic watch that I bought for $24.95. Does anyone else see the irony in that? :g:

My girlfriend aske me why don't I just wear the Casio? As if!!! :lol: