When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix SOSF Special

maxmsu

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

I ordered also a steelfish from Silix. One thing I don't understand is why the steefish on Joshua's site has the follow dimensions:

josh: Dia 43mm x 16.5mm Thk

and on Silix site the watch has this dimensions:

Dimension: 42mm x 50mm x 15mm

Pretty sure Jay just put the measurements from a standard SuperOcean on his site. You'll notice it's not labeled a "Steelfish" on the webpage. I've noticed similar typographic errors on quite a few of the rep dealers' sites.

However, the watch that I received from Jay is definitely a Steelfish rep.

Pretty sure Jay just put the measurements from a standard SuperOcean on his site. You'll notice it's not labeled a "Steelfish" on the webpage. I've noticed similar typographic errors on quite a few of the rep dealers' sites.

However, the watch that I received from Jay is definitely a Steelfish rep.

Okay thnx dude. I looked on the website from breitling. I noticed that the steelfish has the Helium Vale positioned at 11 o'clock. On the rep. the Helium Valve is postioned at 9 o'clock. Is this a big flaw or what???

Okay thnx dude. I looked on the website from breitling. I noticed that the steelfish has the Helium Vale positioned at 11 o'clock. On the rep. the Helium Valve is postioned at 9 o'clock. Is this a big flaw or what???

From what I understand, the newer gens have the He valve at the 9pm position. The picture on Breitling's website seems to be of an older Steelfish from the info I've received on these watches.

I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong.

Hi all,

I ordered also a steelfish from Silix. One thing I don't understand is why the steefish on Joshua's site has the follow dimensions:

josh: Dia 43mm x 16.5mm Thk

and on Silix site the watch has this dimensions:

Dimension: 42mm x 50mm x 15mm

those are exactly the deminsions of the regular superocean... ( 42x50x15)

while the diameter of the sosf are 44x16,1 ( those are the diameter/thickness you would see from all the other dealers)

.... on http://www.silix-prime.com i can only find the regular superocean after a search..

in my opinion i think a $130 discount is quite a bit, if its all true then you got a great deal

those are exactly the deminsions of the regular superocean... ( 42x50x15)

while the diameter of the sosf are 44x16,1 ( those are the diameter/thickness you would see from all the other dealers)

.... on http://www.silix-prime.com i can only find the regular superocean after a search..

in my opinion i think a $130 discount is quite a bit, if its all true then you got a great deal

the dimensions on silix site is not quite right, his dimensions should be 44mm, which is the same as Jay's one.

and it is true as well, afterall its not cheap for a rep -_-

the dimensions on silix site is not quite right, his dimensions should be 44mm, which is the same as Jay's one.

and it is true as well, afterall its not cheap for a rep -_-

$225 IS cheap for a rep like this.. afterall it has the swiss eta in it which makes it more expensive

in his post he forwards people to his site to view the sfso.... which is not found on his website.

so im pretty sure he means to look at the regular superocean,

maybe its the regular superocean with the sfso dial?

well maybe some pro's should judge hehe im just wondering why the rest of the world sells it for $300+ and he sells for $225 incl shipping( nearly as much as the sfso with asian eta)

$225 IS cheap for a rep like this.. afterall it has the swiss eta in it which makes it more expensive

in his post he forwards people to his site to view the sfso.... which is not found on his website.

so im pretty sure he means to look at the regular superocean,

maybe its the regular superocean with the sfso dial?

well maybe some pro's should judge hehe im just wondering why the rest of the world sells it for $300+ and he sells for $225 incl shipping( nearly as much as the sfso with asian eta)

I guess you didnt read this post on page 1 of this thread?

Cost pricing? LOL. Lets see... $1.00 an hour for labour. Say 1 hour for watch assembly. $40 for the movement. $20 for the case and bracelet.

Total manufacturing price is $61 sell to dealers for $150. Retail for $225. Not a bad gig. I am guessing with these numbers although I know average hourly labour rate in China is about $1. They are making money believe you me. No one in their right mind sells a product internationally with no markup. They are entitled to make money, no different then us. The Chinese are very good business men. For the same reasons why China now has the second largest ecomony in the world. Again, as I said in another thread... everything is about perceived value. If you think it is worth it and you like it, buy it.

then why noone sells at that price?

i have read many many reviews, and searched in many dealer webshops.

not only these we know from here... noone sells for $225

and why he refers to his website when he doesnt have it there??

Edited by Thomass

isnt the asian eta also 28.8k?....

anyway great watch ;)

I'm pretty sure Silix isn't dumb enough to try and pawn off an Asian ETA as Swiss considering the knowledge of the forum members around here. He'd lose a lot more money than he'd make on this special sale.

Not to mention that the Asian versions don't have the double AR coating like this one...

Edited by TexBiker

Just got mine this morning. :p It has the ETA stamp and 2824. Cant get it to show up on the pictures. Hope this helps.

post-7302-1192997667_thumb.jpg

I'm convinced. The finish and engine turning on the movement is not something you would likely find on the ETA clone movement. It looks as if Jay has made a good buy from his manufacturer and is passing along some of the savings to customers. It appears to me that this is a great opportunity for anyone wanting an ETA Steelfish to pick up one at a substantial savings.

Edited by jdavis

I'm convinced. The finish and engine turning on the movement is not something you would likely find on the ETA clone movement. It looks as if Jay has made a good buy from his manufacturer and is passing along some of the savings to customers. It appears to me that this is a great opportunity for anyone wanting an ETA Steelfish to pick up one at a substantial savings.

I have the silix $100 Asian version of this watch and can confirm that it has a plastic spacer and ST6 or similar movement rather than an ETA clone, it is not 28k.

By the way the Asian version is great too!

Edited by vintagerolex

Another dealer told me that the movement may not be an ETA and the AR is done externally how true is this.

thanks

I had my watchmaker inspect mine this afternoon as he was adjusting the band for me and it is a Swiss 2824 ETA movement...not an Asian copy. Regarding the AR, it's the best I've seen on any rep and just as good as the gens I've handled.

Edited by TexBiker