When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix SOSF Special

maxmsu

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also took advantage of the Steelfish special and received mine yesterday the 22nd. I ordered it on the 16th and live in the US, California.

I cant tell if the crown has an o-ring on it. Can anyone verify if it does, it is hard to tell if there is one way back in the part that turns (crown?) . I want to wear the watch swimming but not diving.

I took off the back and there are no marks on the balance wheel( not sure on terminology) or the movement but it looks just like the one posted earlier . Overall it is a great looking watch and will look great with my gen blue rubber strap. I will also not be as weary wearing this as I am with my gen chrono Evolution.

BTW, thanks for the info on this site, I have been lurking for a while and am just now joining in.

I also took advantage of the Steelfish special and received mine yesterday the 22nd. I ordered it on the 16th and live in the US, California.

I cant tell if the crown has an o-ring on it. Can anyone verify if it does, it is hard to tell if there is one way back in the part that turns (crown?) . I want to wear the watch swimming but not diving.

I took off the back and there are no marks on the balance wheel( not sure on terminology) or the movement but it looks just like the one posted earlier . Overall it is a great looking watch and will look great with my gen blue rubber strap. I will also not be as weary wearing this as I am with my gen chrono Evolution.

BTW, thanks for the info on this site, I have been lurking for a while and am just now joining in.

Mine arrived DOA today :( wound and wound the thing and the second hand never moved... I popped off the pack, can someone show me what the ETA stamp looks like??? I'm not sure I got an ETA because I can't see any kind of stamp

I guess I better email Jay...

Care to elaborate on this cib0rgman???

Still waiting for Jay to get back to me regarding my DOA white steelfish

Well I talked to my dealer and asked him. How come he does not have the same offer and sale more watches.

His answer was that the movement may not be ETA and the that AR is applied on the outer side of the crystal, for this there is no warranty at all. By the way I have a reply from Silix he told me that the watch is 255, I can get the same one from my dealer with free shipping for 278.

I will stick with my source, he never fail me and always fix any problem with the watch for free

Regards

Well I talked to my dealer and asked him. How come he does not have the same offer and sale more watches.

His answer was that the movement may not be ETA and the that AR is applied on the outer side of the crystal, for this there is no warranty at all. By the way I have a reply from Silix he told me that the watch is 255, I can get the same one from my dealer with free shipping for 278.

I will stick with my source, he never fail me and always fix any problem with the watch for free

Regards

Seems your dealer was mistaken in his assumptions. My brother-in-law just recieved his SOSF from Silix and his was ETA with double-sided AR...just like the one I got from Silix earlier this week and exactly like the one I got from Josh a couple weeks ago for almost $100 more.

Seems this was just a good deal all around.

Seems your dealer was mistaken in his assumptions. My brother-in-law just recieved his SOSF from Silix and his was ETA with double-sided AR...just like the one I got from Silix earlier this week and exactly like the one I got from Josh a couple weeks ago for almost $100 more.

Seems this was just a good deal all around.

I know but I thought that the offer price was 225 not 255, That is why I decided to pass on this bummer :bangin:

I think it was 225 + delivery; that may be where the extra $30 comes in possibly. (Might be wrong)

That's correct. I paid $28 for EMS shipping...which is a tad less than most of the other dealers I've used. Air mail was quite a bit less expensive, but I don't mind paying extra for EMS in most cases.