When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Old school 111F Ziggified.....

tutima

Just got this back from the work bench of The Zigmeister: My old school 111F purchased back in the early era of PAM reps....

Mods done:

- Replace old movement with new DSN E series Swiss 6497 movement

- High center pinion and hour wheel fixed

- Replace old hands with new DSN SL hand set

- Relume dial with The Zigmeister custom lume

The only thing I am still contemplating to do is to replace the crown with a thicker one. I was going to replace the crown with DSN crown but the old one is just as good as the DSN's and I Didn't have a Palp crown at the time. Anyone got one to spare at a reasonable price..??

Here are the pics:

DSC02457.jpg

DSC02458.jpg

DSC02459.jpg

DSC02460.jpg

DSN E series Swiss 6497 with dagger swan neck regulator:

DSC02461.jpg

DSC02462.jpg

AR shots:

DSC02466.jpg

DSC02468.jpg

Lume shot:

DSC02465.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Nice. The The Zigmeister lume makes all the difference, doesn't it? To my eye the crown thickness isn't too far off. The teeth on the crown look a little too blunt, but now we're getting really picky.

After years of winding with the crown, that is how it looks.... :p

Thanks for the kind words...Guys

Mate, I have the very same 111F model, and did the SAME mods, E-series ultimate mov't, swapped the hands with DSN's (replaced original Swiss 6497-1 OPII mov't with squared bridges that came with teh watch) and relumed dial by The Zigmeister!!!

This is an old-school 111 rep as you say, thick case, thinner dial and very asymetrical thick CG, where the lever sits almost right at the top of the CG. They had to do this to compensate for thinner dial, and the fact the whole mov't sits deeper inside the case. It also comes with one of the nicest finished dials, with thick dial txt font and markers and numerals that have a groove around them, just like gens. The new 111 dials are not near this nice, I must say.

My crown is also now 'polished' in appearance, the watch is now over 1 yr old, and I wore it amost every day for a long time. I'm not changing it as it's as thick and nice as it should be.

It's a keeper, mine's not going anywhere :-)

Brother, great minds think alike :-) LOL!

A few more shots of my 111F....

111F-6.jpg

Just kidding...Managed to find a few good pics of a gen. for comparison looks...Enjoy.

Was just about to type ..."WTF you get that movement again..?" .....and then you spoilt my dream..:-(

Your 111 is looking very good none the less......."bring back the sausage .....down with the sandwich"...is what I say.

FGD