When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What happened to repping the EBel 1911 BTR chronograph

ajoesmith

I agree with you, ajoe, the parts of the design of this watch just seem to blend so nicely together, into a seamless, beautiful whole.

Makes the HBB look like a bunch of left over parts sort of cobbled together.

I would love to see it reped (... see the relevant RT Polls topic).

But the experts say that 7750 will not fit to it.

If we see it repped, not only would we deal with a recessed datewheel, but also subdial spacing be off. Although I've never seen it mentioned through Ebel's press, the Cal. 137 (which is claimed to be 'in-house') is based on the Lemania 1352 (used by Breguet, Ulysse Nardin, etc.).

• 1 month later...
Hi,

in the meantime you can try to survive with the Quartz version :)

Link1

Link2

Link3

Then, it's a question of expectation in the replication and the acceptance of a Quartz movement (which I personally have no problem with).

hi thanks for the links for the ebel 1911 btr quartz. I bought the red red version for $45 pounds including packaging . It took ten days to arrive ,its not a full chrono but it looks identical to the original. it will do untill a automatic rep comes along. so far its keeping pefect time. Thanks

Narikaa can get the quartz versions.

Of course it can't be compared to the gen, but it's not a bad rep. Good finish and details, and very enjoyable watch. And since there's no 7750 version, beggars can't be choosers, right? I reviewed it. You can see the article here.