When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Triplock o-ring placement

drop

OK, stupid question but I don't want to screw this up!

Have a new triplock tube which came with four o-rings, the smallest clearly goes around the bootm and is screwed into the case. The largest one is a little thinner than the others, I presume it goes around the exterior top portion of the tube. Another pretty clearly goes under the crown

Where does the fourth o-ring go? It is between the size of the two which go on the outside of the tube, and it happens to fit perfectly inside the top of the tube. Does it go there?

yup

Have a new triplock tube which came with four o-rings, the smallest clearly goes around the bootm and is screwed into the case. The largest one is a little thinner than the others, I presume it goes around the exterior top portion of the tube. Another pretty clearly goes under the crown

Where does the fourth o-ring go? It is between the size of the two which go on the outside of the tube, and it happens to fit perfectly inside the top of the tube. Does it go there?

actually you have to fit two of them inside the tube, that's how it's done properly. you have to supply your own for the crown base which is the same as the one inside the tube.

Oh, so just to make sure I've got it straight -

Two go inside the tube (one top and one bottom), one goes outside of the tube and another goes around the base of the crown..?

I could have sworn I've seen pics of two going around the outside of the tube. :huh: If not, it certainly would help to make screwing the tube down easiers, I was worried about getting a water resistant seal between tube and case though...

if I remember correctly you get 4 o-rings with tube:

1 small diameter and sort of flat - this one goes on the tube neck where you screw it in the case for water seal

2 small diameter but thicker, these both go inside the tube, there is just enough room to fit two of them in there

1 big diameter - goes on the outside of the tube and touches an edge of the crown when you tighten it up

you have to put one more on the base of the crown, inside on the stem holder. it is the same o-ring as one you put inside the tube but it doesn't come with tube set, it comes with crown, or you can just buy it separately.

hope this helps

Thanks.

I'm curious as to how the tube:case connection remains watertight according to the new spec... via benefit of the threads and glue / loctite? Irrelevant, perhaps?

Just for future reference, following is the alluded to picture.

post-1774-1192671718_thumb.jpg