When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 195 With Stingray Band

Birdman

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry, but I don't like this exotic straps at all.

I'm a diver and a stingray is one of the most elegant creatures to see when you're diving.

By buying skins ( and buying straps) you keep a bizzniss alive that hunts wonderful creatures likes this stingray, just for reasons like this topic.

I hope everytime someone puts a exotic strap around its wrist, he or she gonna realise some beautiful animal has been hunted down & killed just for the profit of it......

Buying reps: okay....nobodies hurt with that, only economics.

Buying exotic straps:............... :yuk:

87796-29018.jpg

I'm sorry, but I don't like this exotic straps at all.

I'm a diver and a stingray is one of the most elegant creatures to see when you're diving.

By buying skins ( and buying straps) you keep a bizzniss alive that hunts wonderful creatures likes this stingray, just for reasons like this topic.

I hope everytime someone puts a exotic strap around its wrist, he or she gonna realise some beautiful animal has been hunted down & killed just for the profit of it......

Buying reps: okay....nobodies hurt with that, only economics.

Buying exotic straps:............... :yuk:

I appreciate the sentiment - I love the ocean, stingrays, scuba diving (although don't do it as often as I would like - not by a long shot), I'm not into hunting, and I'm a complete wuss at fishing - but I think that's a bit harsh. It's a fairly established fact that we exploit animals for food and their hides - and without getting into the whole hornets nest of vegetarianism - watch straps generally come from dead animals.

What I mean is, somebody could then righteously complain about a dead cow every time that someone shows a picture of a watch with a leather strap....

@Birdman: very interesting strap. Certainly a talking point. This kind of leather has a reputation for being tough (the samurai used it for armour, others for sandpaper) - is it treated or handled in some way to make it softer? Or does it feel quite tough?

they farm these in thailand and i have a permit for them through the department of interior

i also have cites permit for crocodile and alligator. croc and alligator are protected and we have to jump through hoops to import.

please keep your uninformed posts out of my threads unless you are a polyester wearing vegan