When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

possible to mod the hands by sanding the back part of the hole downto flush the canon pin?

cableguy

yes or no?

i'm wondering if i can buy a cheap pam and just fix the canon pin by makeing it so the hands can sit closer to each other?

i thought i read something like that.

if i like this watch, ill then cough up the 350-400 for a fully modded one.

**EDIT*

so I've been told the newer asian swan neck movement pam's dont need a cannon pin fix. Hmmmm

maybe thats the route to go down.

can anyone confirm this? and if so what dealer did you order it from?

I guess you could as long as there is enuff space between the minute and hour hands.. I just ordered a PAM127 from Angus for $248 shipped.. includes canon pinion fix AND superlume.. not a bad price. And just like yourself, if i like it then i will order a FULLY modded swiss swan neck version and sell this one. I should have it next week so i'll let you know how it is.

Check out the RWiki section and The Zigmeister has a posting of how to properly fix the canon pinion. Hes got some super closeups and you should be able to see for yourself if your mod idea is possible.

POst pics if you try it!!

Lonnie

yes or no?

i'm wondering if i can buy a cheap pam and just fix the canon pin by makeing it so the hands can sit closer to each other?

i thought i read something like that.

if i like this watch, ill then cough up the 350-400 for a fully modded one.

Panerai minute hand tube has three functions, basically:

- to keep the minute hand securely on the pin

- ensure minute hand is positioned horizontaly to the hour hand and the dial, and not under angle

- provides safe sub-milimeter distance between itself and the hour wheel (on which the hour minute sits), so that the hands ton't touch each other.

So, in short version, the answer is: don't do it!

babola

Edited by babola

Not sure.. email him and ask. You can find his email in the Pure Time collector section, Or in his photobucket under the contact section. If you can find it i can PM it to you.. not sure if im allowed to post it here.

lonnie thats a damm good price...

does he have one like that for the 111h? for around that price? hmmmm

Don't sand it. I did that. screwed up a perfectly good set of hands (anyone have an extra set for a 111?) and [censored] myself off. I guess, if all you're worried about is the cannon pin being flush, then yes you can achieve this through sanding. HOWEVER if you expect your watch to continue to run beyond any point where the two hands cross... then you have to bend the hands, which looks ridiculous. And when you bend your hands back to normal... they break. I've got the higher canon pinion and hour wheel in my latest order from CousinsUK, we'll see how tough it really is to do on your own. It's cheap enough, that's for sure.

If you sand the minute hand --> it will touch the hour hand...

If you sand and lower the hour hand to avoid the touch with minute hand -- > hour hand will touch the second hand :)

Unless you raise the hands (not parallel to the dial)

So it is useless...

Unless of course you have a base Panerai... You can use this way then.

Edited by deepsea