When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crown guard issue

TeeJay

The lever on the crown guard on my new 127 won't completely close (stays out by about 2-3mm) I'm wondering if anyone can give any suggestions to alleviate this?

I've tried looking at how it closes, and can't see any abnormal contact points which a quick filing would take care of. I first thought it might be the lever resting on the lower screw, but, even when the assembly was removed from the watch, and there was no screw in place, the lever still would not fully locate into place.

Any suggestions?

I've emailed the dealer asking if I can either have a replacement crown guard or just replace the entire watch, but thought it might be worth seeing if a little 'barnyard engineering' might solve the problem first :lol:

If the lever won't close and there is no obvious point of contact I would be suspecting that the hinge pin may be bent. If the lever feels less sloppy than usual, when it's open, this might be the explanation. The normal rep CG usually flaps backwards and forwards without any problem so this weird.

This happened to my JimmyFu CG after I put it together... it was ok at first but when i had the pin fully hammered in the lever stayed slightly open. I can close it shut but it opens itself again.

I think the reason for mine is a bit of the rubber sleeve caught somewhere in there. Not sure if it is the same for your case though.

just be careful sending it back and hope the chinese customs dont get it. If i were you, i would look for a local solution first and failing that, then send it back. UNless of course you are in the same country then theres no issue returning it.

just be careful sending it back and hope the chinese customs dont get it. If i were you, i would look for a local solution first and failing that, then send it back. UNless of course you are in the same country then theres no issue returning it.

I've sent watches back to China before and never had a problem with seizures. I've never had a problem with a seizure coming into the country either. Given that those who genuinely do have seizures tend to post panicked posts of "I've just got a letter from customs, WTF do I do???!!!!!" I suspect that the response to emails asking about a delay along the lines of "It was seized and shipped again..." are just [censored]. A while back, I might have been generous enough to say little white lies, but I've had enough of that kind of thing, and don't see why I should spare the blushes of anyone who's caught lying to someone about something. Call it as it is, describe the situation as is, and everyone's happy :)

The watch has also been posted back earlier today :)

Guest watchbuff

I got the solutions to customs issues.

A dealer I bought a few BR's from in China or Singapore or somewhere, used to send them (smuggle is a better word) in a set of real cheapo PC speakers in a box. One of the speakers or both would have the guts removed and he would put the watches in there and screw the cases closed.

Never had a problem/

I got the solutions to customs issues.

A dealer I bought a few BR's from in China or Singapore or somewhere, used to send them (smuggle is a better word) in a set of real cheapo PC speakers in a box. One of the speakers or both would have the guts removed and he would put the watches in there and screw the cases closed.

Never had a problem/

Well excuuuuuse me,but there is no need to post eye openers.

Trust me, I know many things, that you might not.

Just keep your cool and read the rules -_-