When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Baseball Wrist-Checks

Victoria

Since the ALCS is still going on, and the World Series is coming soon, here is a general Wristie-thread for you baseball fans!

Me, watching Bobby Kielty of the Boston Red Sox, at the plate. Poor lighting in my library/comp room!

TWP PAM 217 on Greg Stevens Crazy Horse with antique stitching. :)

baseballwristieir8.jpg

Dluddy, that La Spezia is JUST amazing. Got mine on Monday, but your patina kills mine. How long will it take to get that patina?

I'll even put it more frequently on my strap rotation, to get it to "age" to that brilliant brick red colour. Hope V pipes up too!

Great shot, thanks! GO SOX! ...but fair play to the Tribe too. :)

@Tom Riddle: My word what a keen eye you have then!

Great shot Tom

yea, imagine my surprise watching that live.. the camera lingered there for a while..

so HDTV + Tivo = got the shot :lol:

all fairness though.. i recognized the bracelet more than the watch..

Actually, i saw my first Panerai irl today too (yea, my first one in nyc, lol).. I went to a medical hospital/teaching center this afternoon and when i was going in the elevator, one of the female students walking out had an unmistakeable panerai.. she was holding her bag so her wrist was high and i 100% know it was a pam.. rubber strap (for vic cuz you know she wondering)

i think it was gen perhaps (i mean, how many reps are on the rubber strap :X) :huh: lol if i wasn't late for my interview i'd have stopped her and talked to her about it, future wifey maybe :lol:

Dluddy, that La Spezia is JUST amazing. Got mine on Monday, but your patina kills mine. How long will it take to get that patina?

I'll even put it more frequently on my strap rotation, to get it to "age" to that brilliant brick red colour. Hope V pipes up too!

This strap is about 6 months old Victoria...Same with my GEF Cammello in that it is just starting to develop a nice patina

Tom, your picture makes me die a little inside. To have thought that there was going to be a bottom of the 9th rally...

And I also don't know how you haven't seen PAMs in NYC. It's become almost obnoxious now. I saw 1 on my 5 minute commute to work today, and on monday, I saw not one, but two women wearing 44mm PAMs. I've seen a few women wearing them from time to time, seeing two in one day was a new one. Vbarrett, you are no longer unique in your PAM madness! I also can't remember one day in the last month that I have not seen at least 1 PAM on someone's wrist. Perhaps it depends on what location one happens to be in, but I must say, I see a ridiculous amount. Not to mention the fact that when I was in Cellini the other day, one of the salesmen was complaining to me about how PAMs have become so ubiquitous, that they're losing their enthusiast/cult appeal, and are becoming the new status symbol for people who only wish to display their financial and social status. Granted, I don't agree with the first bit (losing the enthusiast/cult base, come on, there are more rabid paneristi than ever), however, I can't deny the second bit. When I went over to my Uncle's house the other day, I saw him wearing a 212. Needless to say, he had no clue about any PAM history, let alone know that his watch was called a 212. He told me that he had been seeing more people wearing it, and that the local dealer said that PAMs are a really hot status symbol, so he got the most complicated and most expensive (non gold) one they had. I smiled, congratulated him, and told him to wear it in good health, while I died a little inside. Few things disappoint me more than ignorance.

When I went over to my Uncle's house the other day, I saw him wearing a 212. Needless to say, he had no clue about any PAM history, let alone know that his watch was called a 212. He told me that he had been seeing more people wearing it, and that the local dealer said that PAMs are a really hot status symbol, so he got the most complicated and most expensive (non gold) one they had. I smiled, congratulated him, and told him to wear it in good health, while I died a little inside. Few things disappoint me more than ignorance.

NOOOOOOOO. I don't want Panerai to become the new Rolex. NO NO NO. With numpties who know nothing of the marque, its history and just buying pink or ammo straps just because. :yuk: :yuk:

Well, fortunately, New York is not America, as the old saying goes. Yes, hard luck for you Defacto, but I have yet to see a PAM in 5 days, let alone 5 minutes and I live in Trend Mecca USA.

When I go on holiday this December, we'll see...probably New York, so don't die a little inside when you see me, okay? ;)

@Defacto re: Tribe: Sorry about the result for you BUT anyone who expects a bottom of the 9th rally, down 5 runs, with Papelbon at the plate, and his hard "no sh-t Sherlock" stare, is fooling himself! :lol:

P.S.: What was the deal with Beckett's Navajo-Cherokee collar and shark tooth around his neck?? I thought that was forbidden during a game, since it can distract the batter. I mean, GO SOX! and I love Josh, but come on. Even that grated on me.

P.S.: What was the deal with Beckett's Navajo-Cherokee collar and shark tooth around his neck?? I thought that was forbidden during a game, since it can distract the batter. I mean, GO SOX! and I love Josh, but come on. Even that grated on me.

He's been wearing it all year. Good luck charm :p

NOOOOOOOO. I don't want Panerai to become the new Rolex. NO NO NO. With numpties who know nothing of the marque, its history and just buying pink or ammo straps just because. :yuk: :yuk:

Well, fortunately, New York is not America, as the old saying goes. Yes, hard luck for you Defacto, but I have yet to see a PAM in 5 days, let alone 5 minutes and I live in Trend Mecca USA.

When I go on holiday this December, we'll see...probably New York, so don't die a little inside when you see me, okay? ;)

@Defacto re: Tribe: Sorry about the result for you BUT anyone who expects a bottom of the 9th rally, down 5 runs, with Papelbon at the plate, and his hard "no sh-t Sherlock" stare, is fooling himself! :lol:

Well, I was down, ready to turn the TV off and pour another glass of GG pear, then Abreu hit that homer, and my spirits changed. Then, as A-rod hit that blast into right field, I'm starting to think "9th inning rally, baby!". After it went foul, I went back to putting some ice in the glass. When Posada struck out, I poured one for my defeated homies.

Nobody does the hail mary rally like the Yankees.

lol i saw this live .... i kept rewinding my tivo ... my girl thought i was nuts

lol they did linger over that shot for a while, i know for a fact i just kept blinking thinking, "that bracelet seems awfully familiar"

then when they finally cut away i was like "THAT WAS A PAM!"

:lol:

Here's my 118, from the Cleveland batters' eye view:

img1589yt5.jpg

WHAT A SHOT, Avitt! Hoobaby.

There ain't no woman I'm scared of in this world, but I'd quake in my boots if I saw that hard stare of Papelbon's. ;)

...I'm just hoping that the background of today's pictures don't include Dice-K committing hari-kiri on the mound.

:o

Quite. :p

WHAT A SHOT, Avitt! Hoobaby.

There ain't no woman I'm scared of in this world, but I'd quake in my boots if I saw that hard stare of Papelbon's. ;)h

Jon has a unique intensity, combined with the ability to get it done.

Here are a couple more:

img1583mh4.jpg

img1593zo6.jpg