When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

two-tone reps?

arminvanbuuren

hi i just bought a noobmariner recently.. but my dad stole it off me.. so now i'm looking for some kind of two-tone watch.. i know ive read in here somewhere a dealer proving that their rep is 14k solid gold in the midlinks.. but at the time i never paid attention.. but now i am interested in buying a "real" two-tone model..

does anyone know who offers these watches? especially if i can get the BCE latest two-tone model in solid midlinks.. that would be really good :D

18K electroplate is what most reps generally have. This will NOT last daily wear and will start to peel in about 10-12 months. Two years and it will look like the watch took an acid bath.

14K "wrapped" gold is much better... it is a considerably thicker layer of gold. I have one of these and it is superb - definitely a worthwhile upgrade from the 18K electro above.

Some reps, very rarely, are made with actual true solid 18K gold. This is an investment for life, but some would argue that the price of entry is not worth it - (about $700+) because while the gold will last a lifetime, the movement surely will not. If you are looking for a gold daily beater, however, then I must point you to Joshua's solid gold datejusts. I do not have one, I'm too cheap... but it is a very convincing rep. NOBODY will think it possible to have a fake rolex but made with solid gold... nobody will know about it so you cannot get called out with one of these watches... you just cannot.. it impossible. (Unless the factory sends you a defective unit with some gunk under the glass or the child building the watch has a bad day and aligns the hour markers crooked)

Your call!

hi i just bought a noobmariner recently.. but my dad stole it off me.. so now i'm looking for some kind of two-tone watch.. i know ive read in here somewhere a dealer proving that their rep is 14k solid gold in the midlinks.. but at the time i never paid attention.. but now i am interested in buying a "real" two-tone model..

does anyone know who offers these watches? especially if i can get the BCE latest two-tone model in solid midlinks.. that would be really good :D

Based on the price of gold these days (currently hovering around $760/ounce), I would find it very hard to believe that a rep contains solid gold anything. There are 2 truisms to keep in mind when buying reps -- Take everything you are told with a (large) grain of salt and the basic principle of selling is to buy low & sell high.

haha yeah this is a little contradicting.. sounds gold plated to me. OR its solid 5k with 14kt plating.

18K SOLID GOLD 2 TONE BAND & BEZEL & CROWN

First layer 5K + Second layer 14K GOLD on the BAND

Gold "plated" watches are not too bad but the bracelets are usually a very bad investment. It is not that some do not hold up surprisingly well, you just have no idea what you will get. There is no way to evaluate the quality until too much time has gone by to return. You have to remember, these guys build "fakes" for a living.