When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need case tube w/ long thread

drop

Hi,

I stripped the upper part of my 1665's tube hole so now my Clarks tube (realtive short) will not thread... I need a gen / close to gen 7030 tube with longer threading in order to salvage my situation.

I hear the Cousin's tube is good but I'm located in the states. Does the Jules Borel compare? Any suggestions (or does anyone want to sell me a tube?) :)

Thanks.

My last Clark tube had good, fairly long threads on the case end, but man they are delicate! I've broke a few putting them in the case. This last one, I tapped the hole all the way, countersunk it, and put some loc-tite on the threads and it went in ok. I've given up on the o-ring, and w/ a noobmariner case, the backside doesn't look too pretty- countersinking eats into the backside of the case.

If you've countersunk the case, your only other option might be a gen case tube, but I can't find them for less than $45 plus S&h from Mark Greenberg- moelarrycu, or whatever his name is, on ebay. Helfands also has an aftermarket tube, but it's short on the case end threads, as I recall. Borel and Ofrei have nothing, last itme I looked.

Cousinsuk.com has the long tubes, which are similar to the gens. But you have to factor shipping into the equation, which can run about $20, if I remember correctly. I have not seen anyone else (other than Rolex) selling the longer tubes.

I think your only options if the hole threads are stripped are to either tap the hole or glue the tube into hole. Whatever you decide, if you plan to be doing any more crown/tube swaps, I would recommend getting a set of taps (2 in a set). Cas-Ker.com has them for $50

590823.jpg

(The larger tap fits the case tube hole & the smaller tap fits Daytona chrono pusher holes)

Here is the link

Thanks to both of you.

I have a tap, sadly I just got a little too forceful with it while getting the threads going. Once I realized my mistake I nearly pooed myself.

Good news is that I have a nice countersink working. I could probably tap one full turn for the Clarks tube and loc-tite the rest as it sits on top of clean metal right now... but I'd rather get a few good turns. No way in heck that Clarks tube is going to fit with the exterior gasket!

Got my crown from Mark, I'll hit him up for a tube as well... I cannot seem to find the correct part on the Cousin's site! :bangin: It's a bummer that no other US suppliers have something comparable the Cousin's.

Borel sells the tube you are looking for although it is in a generic crown/tube set, still probably cheaper than cousins when you consider shipping charges to US.

Search on Borels site, "Rolex crowns"

The link didn't seem to work in the test mode, if it doesn't just copy and paste to browser, should take you to the page you need.

http://www.julesborel.com/watchmovements.htm

Guest watchbuff

Jules Borel has good tubes, i bought them in bulk and they seem to fit nicely if the case in in good shape. I have been using permabond formula 910 to seal the tubes in the cases, strong stuff and will last longer than the watch itself. Clark also has the right size but I suspect it is a Jules Borel product and the markup is nearly 100% Nothing bad about that just that you can get the same tube for less although Clark does make it convenient with paypal on Ebay.

Just received my OEM 7030 tube from moelarrycu. While I'm generally a fan of Clark's stuff, the quality of the Rolex part just blows his tube away.

I was able to tap several turns and now have a great fit.

Thanks again for the help :D