When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 - very disappointed

maxmsu

I have been wanting the 3717 for a while, after read so many great reviews, finally pulled trigger - alone with a gen croc strap and a set of ETA date/day wheels ordered.

Got the watch today... what can I say? very disappointed.

THe dial is crap. The hour makers were not good quality at all... I tried on the GEN at a AD and the rep is not even close. The date wheels are in need of getting replaced right away and crystal needs to be double coated... but that is not the biggest problem...

just wondering, how many of you guys are happy with the dial?? am I getting the crapy ones now?? See picture, I don't have my Close-up camera right now, but you get the idea... the marker looks like to be a 2 stickers type. mine got one sticker missing... the 12 oclock marker is a glue job done by a 10 years old with school glue.

let me know what you guys think...

Also got the SFSO, amazing watch... however the lume dots on the dial are shiet... am I asking too much? post-105-1193120977_thumb.jpg

THe dial is crap. The hour makers were not good quality at all... I tried on the GEN at a AD and the rep is not even close. The date wheels are in need of getting replaced right away and crystal needs to be double coated... but that is not the biggest problem...

just wondering, how many of you guys are happy with the dial?? am I getting the crapy ones now?? post-105-1193120977_thumb.jpg

Hmmm, I guess yours definitely missed the QC. My dial is 100% perfect. I've actually had the gen on my wrist 2 weeks ago and was really surprised by how close the rep is. The only difference were the day/date wheels and the single sided AR. On the gen you don't see glass at all at most angles.

I'd suggest you to contact your collector and send it back for a new one.

I have been wanting the 3717 for a while, after read so many great reviews, finally pulled trigger - alone with a gen croc strap and a set of ETA date/day wheels ordered.

Got the watch today... what can I say? very disappointed.

just wondering, how many of you guys are happy with the dial?? am I getting the crapy ones now?? See picture, I don't have my Close-up camera right now, but you get the idea... the marker looks like to be a 2 stickers type. mine got one sticker missing... the 12 oclock marker is a glue job done by a 10 years old with school glue.

let me know what you guys think...

Also got the SFSO, amazing watch... however the lume dots on the dial are shiet... am I asking too much? post-105-1193120977_thumb.jpg

Oh...I'm sorry to hear that u have got the problem on your 3717. I'm lucky to see 1 time in AD; compare with rep. The main different : 1.) Double AR 2.) Bold font & indice on dial 3.) Mis-alignment of the day-date wheels. However; In my case the dial is quite good; after swap the ETA Day-Date wheel are much better than the stock one. Maybe u should contact your dealer to replace it. It's really a good rep IMHO!

i5.jpg

best Regards, ;)

Raymond

I see that one of the markers (at 9) is missing on Max's 3717. The gen doesn't have thick markers at 3, 6, 9 & 12 so I'm now wondering if these could be successfully removed and have the four markers relumed to get a smooth finish, like the gen. Has anyone tried?

The gen doesn't have thick markers at 3, 6, 9 & 12

On this gen pic I do see thick markers at 3,6,9 and a triangle @12. It could depend on the angle of photography, but the markers on the rep seems a bit higher embossed than on the gen. Is that what you mean?

@maxmsu: in this pic you can also see that the chrono seconds hand is supposed to be curved. So the rep is actually good in that expect. Also the minute hand is supposed to be curved.

post-4081-1193131542_thumb.jpg

post-4081-1193131552_thumb.jpg

yeh im getting it like that.. then maybe after that ill send it to ajoesmith for a AO blast.. would be the sexiest mofo in the world!!!

that pic is gonna cause more controversies.. the pinnion on that pic from joyful collections have white pinnions.. while the rep has golden pinnions.. and guess wat i went to the AD and they had gold pinnions too.. so everything is confusing!

Edited by arminvanbuuren

and guess wat i went to the AD and they had gold pinnions too.. so everything is confusing!

Are you absolutely positive about that? Because it's not uncommon to gens that they sometimes slightly differ between production runs...

This would imply that the brass cannon pinnions on the rep are no flaw after all..:)

@max: I've had the gen on my wrist about 2 weeks ago. The AR is so good that I actually had to look closer to be sure that they put a glass on the watch :)

The single sides AR on the rep isn't bad at all, but not close to the gen....

On this gen pic I do see thick markers at 3,6,9 and a triangle @12. It could depend on the angle of photography, but the markers on the rep seems a bit higher embossed than on the gen. Is that what you mean?

@maxmsu: in this pic you can also see that the chrono seconds hand is supposed to be curved. So the rep is actually good in that expect. Also the minute hand is supposed to be curved.

Woo....Look at that double AR, it made the crystal totally disappear! B)B)

Comparing a rep to a gen is like apples and oranges.

It stands to reason that the rep is sub par comparing to a gen of almost any watch. Period.

However in the case of the 3717, I must say that the earliest models of this watch that were purchased thru EL, were far and away better watches in almost all regards compared to the current batches of the CN 3717's. Eddies first 100 were superb. TW not CN.

Like many products available thru the CN dropshippers these day. QC is definitely an issue. That is the reason that so many different reps of the reps are failing the test. I doubt that much can be done about it at this stage of the game.

Dealing with someone who personally inspects all the watches he or she sells is a tough deal.

I would definitely return it to the 'collector' you purchased it from. IF they will take it back.

Returning product to CN is a pain. And there is no guarantee that the second watch will be any better.

In the case of my 3717 purchased from EL, the dial, and date wheel were pretty much perfect.

Sending the watch to The Zigmeister for lume and movement swap has satisfied my tastes, but no rep will ever be perfect. I must say however that I have seen more than one photo of the gen 3717, with a misaligned day/date wheel. Many of us on this forum have been accused of being a bit anal retentive.

post-22-1193150077_thumb.jpg

As someone that has purchased a 3717 from the latter batches, I concur. My watch came with too short of a stem. You couldn't screw down the crown without changing the date. What a pain - my collector took it back and had it repaired - now she works like a charm. Day/Date alignment is actually pretty good. May be getting this one serviced to increase the life expectancy...

-B

Hey guys, thank you all for the comments. I sent the picture (same one posted) and the "collector" said he couldn't see/understand what I was referring to... CAN someone here help me to explain "better" to him? I want a replacement dial or a new watch...

1st batch of the 3717 are MUCH better than the current ones... hold your horses if you are in the market... make sure your "collector'' inspect the watch before shipping... QC will always be the problem.