When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Lurker revealed ...

Hello all,

I have been a lurker for a while on here and have been absorbing as much info as possible with the obvious result of just about to get my first high quality rep - a Tag Carrera in black - along with my 'just come through' subscription.

I am UK based and younger than middle-aged (just !!). I was interested in watches when younger but never had the funds to purchase many, (my watch preferences were much more expensive than funds allowed), and always had the thought "why would I ever have more than two watches - one for daytime/beater, one for nightime/best" - I was young and didn't understand !! I even stopped wearing any watch at all for about 10 years.

Now I am (slightly) older I can see the attraction of having any number of watches and whilst my funds for such purchases has grown I still wouldn't be able to afford all of the watches I lust after - until I discovered RWG that is !!!

I have a few gens that got me back into wearing a watch - an Ellesse TT sport/dress model, a Citizen Eco-Drive chronograph, a couple of watches from Tokyo Flash for something different (I'm a tech geek after all) and a couple of Invicta watches (a blue 'Rolex Sub style' automatic and a TT Speedway 'Daytona Style' quartz).

The Ellesse was bought years ago and is small-cased by todays standards of mens watches, the Eco-Drive and Tokyo flash watches re-started my interest in watches and the Invicta models were attempts at getting a watch with the style of a Rolex Sub and Daytona but without the associated cost - these were bought just before I found RWG and I could have got something much closer to the style I was after if this had happened the other way around !!

So, hello all, thanks for all the info posted so far, an excellent resource - By-Tor's info in particular - and I am confident that I will be spending far too much money in the near future getting all of the obvious reps to build a tidy collection. I am definitely a quality over quantity sort of person but that still means a Tag Carrera, an Aquaracer, an SFSO, a uPO, a quality Sub, a Navitimer, a BCE, an SMP Chrono, an IWC something or other and that's even before I get into the PAMs and then the whole modding scene !!!

Such is life, and you can't take it with you after all.

I am not normally a prolific poster to groups but you never know when something might pop up from me.

Ham 'n' Pickle

Welcome H'n'P!

Great to see a 1st post, from an RWG supporter!

Means 2 things to me, Firstly you have taken the time to explore the resource... properly!

And that alone is refreshing.

Secondly, you have seen that the continuation, and proliferation of the resource, requires a level of support.

And for that we thank you sincerely.

Enjoy your time here.

Hold on to your wallet...it can be an expensive ride!

Offshore