When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix new Latest version PO 45 mm

btilgp

Good morning folks ,

I was checking Silix web site and found Latest version of PO 45mm swiss 2836 for 150$. I've emailed him about waterproofing and got his response that he would test the watch before sending ( 5AT garanteed )

Is it the same 5th generation or UPO the our respectful dealers selling for 250 and up ?

Did anybody deal with Silix lately ?

Thanks

Spasibo

• Like 1

I orderd an UPO from Silix today. I'll post some pics when I receive it. Piratedzeus is right, their communication is slow. Hopefully they'll ship fast.

Hi ,

Which model did you order ? Siilix does not have UPO , he has latest version in Watch description which is not the same as UPO according to our fellow RWG memger. Also price went up

LP

Hi ,

Which model did you order ? Siilix does not have UPO , he has latest version in Watch description which is not the same as UPO according to our fellow RWG memger. Also price went up

LP

I purchased this OMES037 for $175 plus shipping. You are right it's not a UPO. So far they have replied e-mail once a day which isn't too bad. I hope I won't have to wait a month for the watch.

I gotta be honest with you guys, and I hope some of you can chime in with more knowledge.

Yesterday I stopped by Jared's jewelry store and took a look at a Gen PO 45mm..........I also have seen the Silix version and Andrew's version, and honestly, I don't understand why the Silix is not considered "Ultimate" when in actuality it is closer to the real thing!!

the differences I saw were: the bezel's luminator is not as nice as Andrew's version (which is closer to the Gen), and the date lettering being Serif. But the Omega logo on the Silix was the correct one, and the AR coating on both of them seem the same.

Unless I'm really missing something, I just don't see a)why Silix is not considered ultimate, and b)why to pay $100 more for the ultimate.

any clarifications/comments would certainly be appreciated!

I am going to order one with Orange strap and also get extra black strap with orange stiching .

How much was for Gen ? 3K ?

it was for $3400, but guy tried to gimme a "deal" for $2890. I had my SMP crono on, and compared it to the real thing.....scary how i really just could not tell them apart.

I gotta be honest with you guys, and I hope some of you can chime in with more knowledge.

Yesterday I stopped by Jared's jewelry store and took a look at a Gen PO 45mm..........I also have seen the Silix version and Andrew's version, and honestly, I don't understand why the Silix is not considered "Ultimate" when in actuality it is closer to the real thing!!

the differences I saw were: the bezel's luminator is not as nice as Andrew's version (which is closer to the Gen), and the date lettering being Serif. But the Omega logo on the Silix was the correct one, and the AR coating on both of them seem the same.

Unless I'm really missing something, I just don't see a)why Silix is not considered ultimate, and b)why to pay $100 more for the ultimate.

I agree wholeheartedly with you! I too have a Silix PO and love it. I have bought from Silix several times and every time has been a joy. Easy payment and always fast shipping (atleast for me). A+ for Silix.

Two main flaws: the 12, 3, 6 and 9 hour markers are shorter than both the Gen and the UPO and the pearl is non-recessed. Both make the Silix PO look 'wrong'. The Logo and the low pearl on the UPO could be considered as bad but in reality they are nowhere near as obvious, at least in my experience. The recessed pearl on the UPO (POS that it is) is still way preferable to the horrible stuck on pearl of the Silix PO. As for the logo, that is really loupe stuff and 99.9% of people would not even think about it.

Two main flaws: the 12, 3, 6 and 9 hour markers are shorter than both the Gen and the UPO and the pearl is non-recessed. Both make the Silix PO look 'wrong'. The Logo and the low pearl on the UPO could be considered as bad but in reality they are nowhere near as obvious, at least in my experience. The recessed pearl on the UPO (POS that it is) is still way preferable to the horrible stuck on pearl of the Silix PO. As for the logo, that is really loupe stuff and 99.9% of people would not even think about it.

good points. Still, I personally (again, this is my personal opinion) think that the non-recessed pearl and smaller markers are much less "obvious" than the incorrect logo! When I went to see the Gen, the 1st thing that jumped out of me was the logo...

I wish I had both side by side to see how the AR coating in both compares.

I got my watch Yesterday from Silix. I got to give kudos to Silix for their excellent communication and good services. But the watch came with only one spring bar. Anyone know of a place in Southern California I can purchase a 22-23 MM spring bar? I'll take some pictures and post them when I finished putting the watch together.

I got my watch Yesterday from Silix. I got to give kudos to Silix for their excellent communication and good services. But the watch came with only one spring bar. Anyone know of a place in Southern California I can purchase a 22-23 MM spring bar? I'll take some pictures and post them when I finished putting the watch together.

Any jewlery store that sells watches will have springbars..Should cost next to nothing

Good morning folks ,

I was checking Silix web site and found Latest version of PO 45mm swiss 2836 for 150$. I've emailed him about waterproofing and got his response that he would test the watch before sending ( 5AT garanteed )

Is it the same 5th generation or UPO the our respectful dealers selling for 250 and up ?

Did anybody deal with Silix lately ?

Thanks

Spasibo

Nearly 12 weeks ago, Silix promised to send me a replacement dial because the wrong model watch had been sent to me. I was also promised a jubilee bracelet which had not been put into the parcel with the (incorrect) watch. I am still waiting for them to arrive. Actually, that's not quite right. I'm no longer waiting, as I am resigned to the fact that they will not be arriving. However, I am still minus goods paid for.

Re a response about waterproofing, Silix is a drop-shipper. It is a physical impossibility for him to check the goods he sells. When I ordered an Omega Speedmaster X-33 from him, it had a second hand which kept stopping (as the battery was nearly flat) and several faux-screws from the caseback were missing. Things which any examination by anyone would have been noted as unacceptable.

You are, of course, free to buy from whoever you like, however, from my own experiences, I would not recommend Silix as someone to do business with. Best of luck with your purchase :)

Teejay i totally agree, same negative experience for me.

They are honest but no doubt they dropship almost every watch and don't check em at all (but they state the contrary and justifice delays with quality check.... obviously they just [censored] us...).

Unluckly it's the same story with all chinese dealer (maybe it's not true for Ruby and Trevor, but i could be wrong as i've had just one transaction with him).

Same downside with King: she ships very often wrong watches and i've been waiting for items for months (she doesn't even reply mails anymore) and i'm opening a complaining topic soon.

Frankly i'm fed up with all this.

Teejay i totally agree, same negative experience for me.

They are honest but no doubt they dropship almost every watch and don't check em at all (but they state the contrary and justifice delays with quality check.... obviously they just [censored] us...).

Unluckly it's the same story with all chinese dealer (maybe it's not true for Ruby and Trevor, but i could be wrong as i've had just one transaction with him).

Same downside with King: she ships very often wrong watches and i've been waiting for items for months (she doesn't even reply mails anymore) and i'm opening a complaining topic soon.

Frankly i'm fed up with all this.

I know what you mean. To be honest, I don't mind dealing with a drop-shipper as long as I know that in advance, so know that there might be some risk involved. What annoys me with Silix, is as you say, they state they check watches and use 'QC' (or customs seizures) as justification for delays, when I think the truth is more likely that orders are simply sat on until someone emails to ask for a status, and then the excuses come out. It's like the stuff I'm waiting for. I know that the instant I email, I'll be told that the goods have been seized, and a new parcel will be delivered. I also know that all the time I don't email, nothing will arrive. Now, if these goods are legitimately seized by customs, a ) where is the threatening letter to me from Customs telling me this, and b ) if they know the goods are seized (which they must know to tell someone that's what's happened) then why not just re-ship the goods immediately? Why wait to be contacted?

Sure, Silix might not misrepresent the product like the Cartel have, but the lies to the customers are just as insulting...

I would fray away from getting this "waterproofed" - theres virtually nothing a dealer can do to make a watch more waterproof regardless of what they might advertise..How ever it might not be that bad of an idea , if you want piece of mind that the watch your getting has been QC'd than I guess its worth it...But waterproofing is a scam - my 2cents