When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Traveling to the Middle East

brep

I am so glad that I have TeeJay on "ignore", his pointless whining posts are a waste of time. I only responded because another member told me what you said, and I see you have several follow up retorts which are no doubt really intelligent and illuminating to others who are craving to be annoyed, but I have long ago stopped reading your tripe.

Don't you have a wrist check to take on the freeway? Down a bottle of jack before you start out, you'll be doing the world a favor :)

Don't you have a wrist check to take on the freeway? Down a bottle of jack before you start out, you'll be doing the world a favor :)

TEEJAY........no. Ignore. Don't wish someone death using alcohol which could take out even more innocent lives. :(((

This is a rep watch forum people, come on, there's no room for hatred here. Just dissent...

TEEJAY........no. Ignore. Don't wish someone death using alcohol which could take out even more innocent lives. :(((

This is a rep watch forum people, come on, there's no room for hatred here. Just dissent...

Sorry, but there's only so much ignorance from a jackass that I'm prepared to take. Ham's the kind of person that has no business being behind the wheel of a car and frankly, comes across as a disgusting example of a human being, and I'm sick of playing 'Mr Nice Guy' and tollerating people's insults towards me.

I am so glad that I have TeeJay on "ignore", his pointless whining posts are a waste of time. I only responded because another member told me what you said, and I see you have several follow up retorts which are no doubt really intelligent and illuminating to others who are craving to be annoyed, but I have long ago stopped reading your tripe.

wow. I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, since you lost close friends, but you really are unintelligent.

Now i really feel sorry for you.

Well Vbarret, I believe you are a little off there on that first part. Were Catholics follow one leader of the Church, Muslims don't follow one supreme leader of their institution. Imams, more like bishops, have the highest seats in Islam and there are thousands if not more of them. If one Imam tells his community to kill all Christians, his face should be spat on by his community/members, sure he may say it is up to ALL Muslims to follow this out, but each Imam and their community have somewhat different views of the Koran and the religion. So not all Muslims WILL do things about it just like protestants may frown upon the fact that Catholic priests are indulging themselves in the sin of pedophilia, but do you see them chasing Catholic priests with AK47s? No, not really. Christianity is unfortunately too much alike in many ways.

Unfortunately, there is such a thing as jihad in Islam, and it is invoked in the name of Allah, Mohammed (PBUH) and Muslims.

If the Pope himself, whom I revere, were to tell me that as a Roman Catholic it is now my duty to kill Muslims/infidels/unbelievers, I would spit in his eye, and ask for his immediate resignation. As would millions of other Roman Catholics.

The few who would take up his call to arms based on religious invocations only, would be ostracised in Western society as lunatics, and tried in their criminal courts of laws rightfully as murderers.

That simply doesn't happen in Islam, and that, to take the Devil's Advocacy point in Hambone's stupid remark, was his point.

As I said, lads, this topic can be discussed ad nauseum. No, it's not really about politics. It's about behaviour. So let's worship when we have to, and keep our counsel when we must.

And let us not forget the Crusades. Essentially they are the same thing as a Jihad. The Crusades may have happened over a 1000 years ago and Jihads are still on going, but you can't deny that Christianity has lost its touch. Would Christians be AS faithful and as religious as a lot of Muslims are to this day, then probably the Vatican city would still encompass its old Holy Roman Empire Size and possibly would have the largest army in the world to do who knows what! And if that were the case as well, then MILLIONS of people would do what the Pope would say, even if he said to go around and start killing people who go against Catholic beliefs. I am sure of that.

Now i know many may not agree, but you can't expect to talk about Islam and how no Muslim's are doing anything to stop it or speak up against it. I find that totally wrong, you have many trying to do something against, only the media presence is not high. What are you supposed to do if 3/4ths of all world media is anti-Islamic? You really think Fox Network will make a special about how Muslims are helping to fight terrorism? Lol maybe they have and I haven't heard about it, but I somehow doubt that. The majority of my friends are Muslims as I have lived in the Middle East all my life and all of them frown upon terrorist acts, but what should the in YOUR HONEST OPINION DO? Donate all their money to a machine of anti-terrorism, go to their local news broadcast and make a statement? Lol... What CAN they do? And really, one thing I tolerate LESS than terrorism is ignorance. In my opinion, i think thats the root of all evil. And yes terrorists as well I believe are ignorant. Ignorance allows you to do things justified to yourself, when in reality its not justifiable at all, but its because you just don't KNOW!

I am not religious. I was baptized a Catholic, but I unfortunately don't believe in what most of the Bible says, ya you could say I'm a faithless man, whatever... Its true, but I hate it when people bash others for their beliefs. Extreme beliefs may be wrong, killing someone in the name of your religion is wrong. But enough Islam-bashing, not everyone will get up and do something about it, there are many wrong-doings in the Christian world and many don't say anything. It making me sick. I understand many of you have lost friends to these attacks from terrorists and its damn wrong and I hope the remaining terrorists get incarcerated for the rest of their lives...

But many people lost friends and family due to disease and illness, who were very religious and lived good and fulfilling lives and never did anything wrong... Who MAY their families end up blaming??? Osama Bin Ladin? No.... Jesus, God? Hmmm..... Thats a thought...

Lets REALLY not go there, because I could go on about this forever...

This all started out about whether someone could SAFELY wear a watch into the ME without getting caught! SO LET IT STAY THAT WAY!!!!!!!!

Edited by Viennawatch

Don't target the person in your reply who is trying to bring peace to the thread. I don't appreciate that.

I think it was ment as a comment to the thread in general, not you specific. Especially since you were trying to calm things down ;)

These subjects allways seem to get people on edge (myself included).

Let me try out a quick diversion manouvre. It might work.

SO THESE BIG BANGS SURE ARE EXPENSIVE HUH?!!!

LOL

I think it was ment as a comment to the thread in general, not you specific. Especially since you were trying to calm things down ;)

These subjects allways seem to get people on edge (myself included).

Let me try out a quick diversion manouvre. It might work.

SO THESE BIG BANGS SURE ARE EXPENSIVE HUH?!!!

LOL

rkdk, thanks for the clarification...

Sorry if you misunderstood Vbarrett. I wasn't attacking you!!! Please, I couldn't! I was only referring to you regarding the first few sentences about the Pope and Imams, just trying to clarify how the structure is. Yes and as rkdk said, the rest is a comment to the thread.

I admire you! The Watch Queen! I hope too, one day that I will own as many reps as you! :D

anyways! Peace in the middle east! hehe!

Lets go back to the subject we are all here for and we all love! WATCHES! :D

Edited by Viennawatch

Back to the main topic I guess...

It depends on where you travel to really. I live in the UAE and I am a UAE national, so I'll speak about my country.

The UAE has a major expat community far surpasing the number of UAE locals. It's a big melting pot with lots of people from the Europe, America, South Africa and the UK. However the largest number come from Asia (mostly India, Pakistan and the Philipines). I do not have the exact statistics so please forgive me for any inaccuracies.

The official language is Arabic however most speak English as well so you should be alright. We have lots of different cuisines so you should not have a problem with food (although I'm still looking for a good Mexican restaurant). You can purchase alcoholic drinks in pubs and bars (which are only available in hotels), you will not find a stand alone pub on the street. Also note that the consumption of alcohol is not allowed on the street and could land you in trouble (but nothing drastic).

The UAE populous is very tolerant because we grew up with most of the expat communities and are aware of other peoples cultures. However there will always be a few who are biggots and idiots just like any other country. As for security, the UAE is safer than most western countries (I know a lot of you think otherwise, but ask those expats that live here). I've never heard of a case where a westerner or an expat as a hate crime.

Like visiting any country respect the people, culture and religion and you should have a wonderful time :)

Ok now I went off topic, lol.

I believe it is safe to bring in replica watches because my friends do it all the time when they fly back from Thailand. I think if you brought in too many watches they'll think that you are trying to sell them or something. I can check with my cousin who is a police officer in Dubai.

I'll let you know ASAP.

Ok, just spoke to my cousin. You should not have a problem bringing in a couple of replicas. They might ask questions if they see lots of watches in your posession. Otherwise you're good to go.Ok, just spoke to my cousin. You should not have a problem bringing in a couple of replicas. They might ask questions if they see lots of watches in your posession. Otherwise you're good to go.