When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Not A Good Day For My Eta Sub

Bignasty

Put on my Sub today to wear to out and look what I find....

57819-35203.jpg

I took to the watch repair guy at the mall and bad news. The pin that held the second hand appears to be stuck in the movement. The hand broke completely off this stem some how. He couldn't remove the pin so that a new second hand could be installed, even if I could source one.

:bicycle: I've contacted Andrew to see what can be done. I've had nothing but bad luck with this watch, but I liked it so much. :black_eye:

Well I'll keep you guys posted.

Jon

Hmmmm... Looks to me like all that needs to be done is to have the seconds hand pressed back on. The 'pin' that the second hand is pressed onto is indeed part of the movement, and shouldn't be removed (as that would indeed be a bad thing).

If you can, check to make sure that there isn't part of the pin/shaft still lodged in the seconds hand. If not, and you can still see part of the seconds hand pinion sticking up past the hinute hand, it should be a very simple fix.

Look at the bright side - that could be a gen and you could be facing an argument with some snotty AD, followed by weeks of waiting, and a huge repair bill.

Either fix it ot buy a new one and keep that one for spare parts.

How old was the watch?

Bill

Yeah it definately could be worse, alot worse. But on the bright side. Andrew is being very Trusty and will have it repaired for me at no charge. :3a:

Meanwhile, I'll be sporting my new 4th Gen PO until I get my sub back! :yu:

Jon :thumbsupsmileyanim: