When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Change SFSO to leather strap; ease?

The Red Baron

Hi guys:

How hard is it to remove the SS strap that comes on the SFSO and put on the leather band that I also ordered w/ the watch? I've read that some people's springbars were bent slightly to get the SS straps on and so I wonder how hard it would be to put the SS strap back on if I don't like the leather.

Anyone come across any major issues with changing the bands? Also, whats a good common tool to use to pop the bar out? x-acto knife, small eye glasses screw driver?

Thanks for any insight!

Very easy (a watchsmith changed for me to a leather strap in 2 min) and very recommended. I think you will never want to see this SSB again. The watch looks completely different, less bulky and more elegant, because the amazing part in this watch is the dial. people are very impressed. I don't know if the weight bothers you but the SSB alone before resizing weights about 90 gm!.

I almost stopped wearing my SOSF with the SSB until I changed to a brown leather on a black dial , and now I can't take it off.

Thanks guys. Yea I saw that Breitling Source video and it looks so easy to pop off, but I wonder about putting it back on. The leather is easy to put on it seems, but whats the reason for the pain for the SS, b/c you have to bend the pin?

this should help....

and yes putting the bracelet back on is a pain in the ass. but after you do it a couple times its pretty simple.

Thanks guys. Yea I saw that Breitling Source video and it looks so easy to pop off, but I wonder about putting it back on. The leather is easy to put on it seems, but whats the reason for the pain for the SS, b/c you have to bend the pin?

because you cant put the bracelet back on at an angle. you have to line up the bracelet straight and push the springbar in while pushing the bracelet in. its really not that bad...give it a try...im sure you will be able to figure it out.

Yea thanks guys. When I finally managed to pop those pesky little spring bars out the leather was pretty easy to put on and I must say looks really nice. The SFSO is a darn nice watch, and the bracelet aint bad, but no where near the quality of the watch. I sort of had to push the spring bars in all the way and slide it in and feel around for a click w/ the leather too, so I imagine I could do it if I wanted to put the SS back on.

Does anyone know if any gen SS bands fit on the SFSO?

because you cant put the bracelet back on at an angle. you have to line up the bracelet straight and push the springbar in while pushing the bracelet in. its really not that bad...give it a try...im sure you will be able to figure it out.

Yea thanks guys. When I finally managed to pop those pesky little spring bars out the leather was pretty easy to put on and I must say looks really nice. The SFSO is a darn nice watch, and the bracelet aint bad, but no where near the quality of the watch. I sort of had to push the spring bars in all the way and slide it in and feel around for a click w/ the leather too, so I imagine I could do it if I wanted to put the SS back on.

Does anyone know if any gen SS bands fit on the SFSO?

Sure!

But why a SS Band? This is much better :D :

cb52d2eb.jpg

19222ff7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Omega:

Beautiful pics! I was at a party at believe it or not there were 2 other people wearing gens, and just holding their SS bracelets the quality was unreal. One also had some version of the Superocean I didn't recognize, and he didn't recognize mine either, but he sure loved it!

Sure!

But why a SS Band? This is much better :D :

cb52d2eb.jpg

19222ff7.jpg

is the Gen black Rubber strap nice?? is it better than the steel strap that comes with the rep?? thanks

did u fit it for urself?? easy??

My AD sells the rubber strap for $135 if it has it in stock...or $170 if he has to order it. Don't understand the logic there.

However, after trying leather and rubber, I decided to put leather on my everyday SOSF and left SS on my gen. If I used it for diving, I'd probably get a rubber strap.

does the AD know that your SOSF is a rep??

I've purchased several genuine Breitlings and Omegas from him, so I don't think he knows or cares. I certainly wouldn't be stupid enough to advertise the fact.

is there much different between the steel strap on the rep and on the gen???

Yes, the gen SS bracelet is much nicer than the rep. Better finishing all around...much smoother and no sharp edges. But even a gen Breitling bracelet feels like crap compared to an Omega.

Edited by TexBiker