When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Big Pilot...?

collector21

I think this is the best you can do ;)

Asian automatic that does not hack or handwind, but mine is running great. Incorrect display back, date wheel is in the wrong place and too small and wrong shape, power reserve does not work and the crown does not screw down.

But on a good strap it's pretty impressive on the wrist and that huge crystal does have AR coating!

I'm 99% sure Joshua can get one in black or white dial.

58262-35120.jpg

The IWC Big Pilot rep above is as good as they get for now. Another alternative with a better feel and weight is the Poljot Aviator which has the same case size and crown as the IWC but the dial is very different and the illumination is weak. By the way, the illumination on the IWC shown in the post above is very good.

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare

Personally I think they overdid it with the AR on this one. I ahve one from Joshua, and the feel of it is so flimsy. No heft to it at all. But what can you expect from a 100$ watch.

Eddy

A agree on the AR coating, if it gets a couple scratches in it I may attack it with Flitz and remove the AR!

My biggest issue is the flimsy feel of the crown, but I think I read somewhere that it's possible to drop an ETA in it and with a little higher beat/smoother sweep and some tweaking by The Zigmeister I think it could be a very sweet rep. I have the same strap on mine that's posted for sale and it's far nicer than the rep strap BTW :D

I had the 100 dollar version myself and it just didn't do it for me. It looked good but that was about it. I ended up getting the azimuth bombardier which I'm totally into. This could be a rationalization but I actually like it better than the IWC because of the simple dial.

58804-35045.jpg