When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chanel J12

LordRasta

Is this considered a Unisex watch? I'm thinking a black one for me and a white one for the wife for X-Mas.

On the Mid-Week Wristies I'll be debuting the Chanel J12 Superleggera I have, which is considered the "male" version in black with a skunk stripe. Very dashing...

(Okay, so I don't like it, and my father balked at wearing it BUT I'm not going to sell it. It's my baby now)

very popular here in Paris... I really like it.

If it's good enough for FasTTap then it's good enough for me! :lol: Angus is reporting it as 39mm but I believe it really is 38mm which is good enough for a man but may be big on my wife, she has very skinny wrists. I have however placed the order, it should make a nice gift for "us". See when you are married you have to buy your own presents.

Not sure if it's intentional, but in GTA:San Andreas, a watch very similar to the Chanel J12 Superleggera is available to CJ at the begining of his exploits... :lol:

My fiance quite liked her J12 (which was put on a white faux-leather bund strap when the coated links got beaten up) but she immediately ditched it in favor of the Hublot Big Bang Aspen (and the J12 was lost for several months in a bag, but when it was found, the quartz movement had kept perfect time :yeah: )

• 1 year later...

andrew now has the 3125 j12 rep on his site. whos going to take the first dive and report back :)?

looking at the pics,

- gold looks too yellow (though this could be the lightings fault)

- date window is located in the wrong position

- colour of text/markers at the centre is wrong

- the back, pretty much everything is wrong

- clasp is wrong

i was hoping they would do a good job replicating this particular model. loving black and gold combination watches, the 3125 imo is the best looking j12. i can live with a bad looking back, but the front has to look almost perfect.

Wife has the large white (auto GMT) and the small black (Quartz) ;

her favorite is the large white. She wants the large black next but I am not sure if the large black will look too manly.

In my opinion though I am not sure if the large black is too manly for my wife, but I know it is definitely too femanine for me. I would never wear one.

Cheers,

M

I have a skinny wrists, for me is very good

The gen ceramic $ 500/600 is very accurate, the $ 200 no.

The new ceramic and gold is very bad, in my opinion

The white version is good in summer nights at the sea, not good if you have your holydays in mountains

What a load of tripe

The $500/$600 models look exaclty the same as the link i provided. I have been told from Lawrence that its full ceramic and the one i got is full ceramic.

I wouldnt bother spending the extra $400+ for a so called ultimate.

As to the OP original question

Yes Rasta go for it and i recommend Lawrence, he will sort you out and has very good prices!

They definitely do not.

Really can't go wrong with the movement choice though as I believe the gen is available in Quartz and Automatic versions. All of the gens I have seen the small size is Quartz and the large size is Auto, I think both sizes are available in both versions though.

The GMT version would have to Auto without a doubt.

Cheers,

M