When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watchmakers9 2 Tone Sub

mickyblues

Im about to lay out $530 for a 2007 'Z' TT Sub w/ Blue Face from WatchMaker9. He is claiming he is using real 18k solid gold on mid links! Wrapped on bezel and crown. Same dimensions as the stainless steel model, which he is claiming is a 1:1. Looks real nice. To the watch experts here, do you think it's worth it?

It seems after reading Watchers review of his sub hhe received from George over at Watchmaker9 that his new 'Z' subs are on a different level than the ones offered by the dealers in these forums, even though some additional mods are needed.

Who has a MBK TT SUB? How close is the MBK to the genuine?

TTK and Paso both have them. There are plenty of posts discussing the details on RWG. Search for MBK or MBW submariner.

My next watch purchase will be a blue faced TT MBW.

Edited by Terje

You know I thought I was over the whole Rolex thing. I mean I have owned 3 gens and sold them all. I went to the mall today and went to AD and tried on the TT Blue Sub. Wow, what a classy and beautiful watch. Makes me want to spend the $6k and change for one. Or do I spend 400 and change for a good rep? :) Honestly I do not see the justification in spending that much for a Rolex. It's all the name, I mean for a mass produced watch they have balls putting a price tag of $7k on it. How much does it actually cost them to make?

3 Genuine WHAT? Swatches?

Sorry, I just don't buy it. You can't keep on track through one post... let alone on track enough to earn the scratch for Gens...

"Wow, beautiful and classy watch... makes me want to spend the $6K"

"It's all the name, I mean for a mass produced watch... blah blah $7K..."

Go ahead, spend too much money with George... you'll probably appreciate the "better quality"... but then again, since they're all mass produced and there's no difference in mass produced widgets, you should probably...

Spend $50 on Canal street, so you can really cluck about your bargaining skills...

AS THERE IS OBVIOUSLY NO DIFFERENCE IN MASS PRODUCED QUALITY to your refined sensibilities...

watchmaker9 used to sell noobmariners for $600 haha.. his new sub is ok but IMHO its about the same as an MBW because it still needs the same mods. His two tone sub is either a two tone from the "noob factory" with the F520117 serial # or its a two tone MBW and you can get one from TTK cheaper. Skype him and ask if they are in stock.

You know I thought I was over the whole Rolex thing. I mean I have owned 3 gens and sold them all. I went to the mall today and went to AD and tried on the TT Blue Sub. Wow, what a classy and beautiful watch. Makes me want to spend the $6k and change for one. Or do I spend 400 and change for a good rep? :) Honestly I do not see the justification in spending that much for a Rolex. It's all the name, I mean for a mass produced watch they have balls putting a price tag of $7k on it. How much does it actually cost them to make?

was at the airport last nite waiting for a plane when i met a guy with a tt gmt 2 in the bar... the new one with the ceramic bezel. knocked my socks off.