When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My UPO is almost done...

Omega

... I am just waiting for my double AR crystal from K2222! :Jumpy:

Today I got my movement from my watchsmith - serviced and regulated. I mount the dial and hands on the movement, and I replaced the logo from a silix-dial on a Ultimate from Andrew, here the result:

3324a93e.jpg

6ce97c5b.jpg

Yes, however, for a short period I found the UPO does shine ok, it's just over the longer time period when you notice the lack of longevity. Im waiting to get mine back, its geeting the AR, full relume, and the little feet chopped form the symbol, cant wait :)

Yes, however, for a short period I found the UPO does shine ok, it's just over the longer time period when you notice the lack of longevity. Im waiting to get mine back, its geeting the AR, full relume, and the little feet chopped form the symbol, cant wait :)

The little feet are not disturbing me, it's basically the "rounded" logo...

This is sweet! I swear, Im becoming the biggest hypocrite! I comment on posts about how modding is too much and that you might as well buy a gen, but when I see all these pictures and read all the comments about the modding and servicing steps, I just can't resist. I think i will go full length with the PO... :D

Edited by Viennawatch

This is sweet! I swear, I've becoming the biggest hypocrite! I comment on posts about how modding is too much and that you might as well buy a gen, but when I see all these pictures and read all the comments about the modding and servicing steps, I just can't resist. I think i will go full length with the PO... :D

Say it ain't so! :D

Sorry for the late answer...

1. Push the logo from backside with a needle out, the feet are glued. The holes for the feed are in same distance from each other, on both dials (Silix and UPO). So you can replace them without problems.

2. Put a drop of glue on the feet again from backside.

BTW: You need a 10X lens, minimum! Don't start the job without, you can easily do scraches on the dial!

Hopefully mine will look nicer soon with J's AR ;)

Congrats on the mods Omega...I don't have the patience to do them.

Maybe I should ?

Cheers

Stephane

I was very impatient before I started to collect and mod reps. Even on movements I am doing now little repairs! It'a relaxative hobby... :D

Trust yourself! ;)