When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A sad day for the British Fire Service

Fireman_Fred

Just thought I'd post this for anyone interested:

Just really getting in, after all day off the internet. Didn't know. My prayers go out to all who are affected...I'm not sure if that should include you, Fireman_Fred, based on your moniker -- regardless, my sympathies.

The heroism of firemen is something they take in stride as part of their duty yet they are some of the finest souls that walk this earth.

Just really getting in, after all day off the internet. Didn't know. My prayers go out to all who are affected...I'm not sure if that should include you, Fireman_Fred, based on your moniker -- regardless, my sympathies.

Thankfully, I am not directly affected but as a professional firefighter it strikes a chord and my deepest sympathies go out to all those who are involved. There, but for the grace of God, go I.....

Indeed what makes it even more tragic is that all four were part-timers and really shouldn't have entered the empty building whilst it was still burning. There will no doubt be an investigation.

Without knowing what really happened we cannot judge. (British) Firefighters are trained that if there is ANY possibility that there may be still be persons still in a building that is on fire, they will enter and search (subject to a dynamic risk assessment...).

Having just lived through the fires here in San Diego (again) and seeing just what these firefighters do first hand, I cannot say enough of the bravery, stamina and compassion the people have.

Deus Juvat

For those that haven't seen the (UK) news, here's the latest:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventr...ire/7081567.stm

R.I.P.