When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 Two Tone review - The future is here!

jake48

Some details worths,the rehaut is the best ever seen in sub,case,clasp,very good end links without gap,i am not expert but i have got garbages from other very <popular>dealers.

i disagree - PrTime has exactly the same watch for less $$ ...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that for a model with an unegraved rehaut, I like my WM9 very much. However, there are many good Subs on the market now as we have seen quite a few quality variations emerging within the last few months.

Is the WM9 worth the money? That is a very subjective question. For some, maybe not, however I am quite happy with mine. I'd probably purchase another from these guys if I were to build another, but only because I'm not a fan of having the engraved model. I'm still hopefull that an unengraved version with lug holes comes out soon from our forum dealers (Chris? :) ).

I got a message from Chris that i can order his new unengraved euromaniner with lug holes,sure Chris has the best service even seen in this community,looks very honest and at least very kind people.

I have to say that for a model with an unegraved rehaut, I like my WM9 very much. However, there are many good Subs on the market now as we have seen quite a few quality variations emerging within the last few months.

Is the WM9 worth the money? That is a very subjective question. For some, maybe not, however I am quite happy with mine. I'd probably purchase another from these guys if I were to build another, but only because I'm not a fan of having the engraved model. I'm still hopefull that an unengraved version with lug holes comes out soon from our forum dealers (Chris? :) ).

please please - somebody explain to

me why i should buy form WM9 ?

because more expensive means better ? :D

cheers,

Frank

Frank, I don't know why you should buy from WM; maybe you shouldn't.

I can only explain why I bought from WM9; I could see valid arguments where you don't see any reason. :)

I think that (quality) reps aren't bad at all. A replica equipped with a Swiss ETA is, in my humble opinion, an excellent watch, although poorly assembled. A gen SeaDweller 4000 costs as much as 20 SSD, but it isn't worth as much as 20 SSD. So, more expensive doesn't mean better; at most, much more expensive could mean slightly better

I wished a two-tone watch, a sturdy, quality, durable watch. This left out the reps with plated or wrapped golden parts. George told me that the WM9 golden parts were in solid gold, so I bought the TT Sub. I thought that a Swiss ETA, beautifully crafted, watch with parts in solid gold was worth the price.

Some problems have arisen, and this is the reason why I posted here my experience; those who intended to buy from WM9 got additional information.

But at the time being, all things considered, I'm happy with my TT; for the future, time will tell.

Cheers

Vix

i get your point ;)

my opinion is that the WM9 Sub is not better than other Replica Subs form Asia -

only more expensive.

reading the crap on the WM9 website (Rolex trained watchmaker mister bla bla bla ...)

or this ridicules story about the making of a new Yachtmaster just reminds me on other scammer sides

that sell a++ grade Swiss replicas. :)

don't get me wrong : i like the "WM9" Subs - but im lucky that other dealer sell them also ;)

cheers,

Frank

Frank, I don't know why you should buy from WM; maybe you shouldn't.

I can only explain why I bought from WM9; I could see valid arguments where you don't see any reason. :)

I think that (quality) reps aren't bad at all. A replica equipped with a Swiss ETA is, in my humble opinion, an excellent watch, although poorly assembled. A gen SeaDweller 4000 costs as much as 20 SSD, but it isn't worth as much as 20 SSD. So, more expensive doesn't mean better; at most, much more expensive could mean slightly better

I wished a two-tone watch, a sturdy, quality, durable watch. This left out the reps with plated or wrapped golden parts. George told me that the WM9 golden parts were in solid gold, so I bought the TT Sub. I thought that a Swiss ETA, beautifully crafted, watch with parts in solid gold was worth the price.

Some problems have arisen, and this is the reason why I posted here my experience; those who intended to buy from WM9 got additional information.

But at the time being, all things considered, I'm happy with my TT; for the future, time will tell.

Cheers

Vix

maybe gen's tt gold parts appears similar stain or tarnish.

He's right. All gold can tarnish... just a light polish will clear it right off. My tt noobmariner has some heavy scratches in it, I used to lightly polish some of them out, now I dont bother. The way I see it, it makes it look more credible if some sees a scratch on the end links, centerlinks etc that go nice and deep and its solid gold all the way through.

I should post pics of this.

QUOTE (jake48 @ Nov 3 2007, 10:09 PM) *

In my quest for the ultimate TT I have spent at least twenty five hundred dollars

watch looks nice but..

:)

Yeah, I know - it really doesn't make a lot of sense, but understand that what got me started in this whole Rep thing was that I wanted a good TT sub, but didn't want to spend $5,800.00 for one. The reason for the amount of money I spent was in large part due to my obsessive nature of getting a TT watch "Just right". Over the years I bought at least a half a dozen TT subs and spent countless hours and $$$ modding them. It really wasn't that hard to push past $1,500.00 trying to get it "Just right". Once I had spent that much, it wasn't like I was going to give up...

Anyway, let me tell you that having bought all those watches, I have dealt with just about every dealer, met the people who Mod them and met people from just about every walk of life in this crazy hobby we share -

AND FOR THAT, IT WAS NOT ONLY WORTH EVERY PENNY - I don't think I could put a value you on it...

Now about the watch - we are quickly coming up on about one year since I posted this post. I have done the following to the watch since I posted the pictures and let me tell you, the watch still wears and looks like a new Gen...

Here is what I did:

Thinned the crown guards.

Installed Gen tube and Gen Crown

Re-Lumed dial.

Milled and installed a more Gen like bezel insert.

Removed cyclops and aligned lazer etched coronet at 6, then re-glued cyclops.

The gold on both the bracelet and the bezel are still holding that unique 18k polished look you see on a Gen and sometimes when I look down at the watch on my wrist, I can't believe it isn't a Gen.

Unfortunately, because I will be so busy for the next few days I can not take and post some pictures. Hopefully I can get some pictures up by the weekend that are worthy of this watch - it really is a beauty and I can't begin to tell you how lucky I feel to have traveled down the path that took me to this watch...

Edited by jake48

He's right. All gold can tarnish... just a light polish will clear it right off. My tt noobmariner has some heavy scratches in it, I used to lightly polish some of them out, now I dont bother. The way I see it, it makes it look more credible if some sees a scratch on the end links, centerlinks etc that go nice and deep and its solid gold all the way through.

I should post pics of this.

the noobmariner has solid gold links?

That's a stunner!

Keep in mind that Eurotimez and Precious Time can both get the stainless steel WM9. I believe they can get the TT model eventually as well.

That is correct. Personally I would go with Eurotimez. I spoke to Chris a few days ago and he has a TT in the works. If it comes out the way he detailed to me, the quest for the "Best TT Sub" may very well be over...

Thanks By-Tor, your complement is worth a lot to me.