When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2836 Movement?

ob1w0n

Yeah it is but the rotor is modified to look like the original SMP rotor which is actually on a 2892-2 movement. What doesnt look right is the display case back. I could be wrong but I dont think the SMP was ever produced with one. The rep mcompany probably installed one so yoy can show off the look alike rotot but rotor aside, the display back is a dead giveaway.

http://www.aspire-eshop.com/product_info.p...dc1344494e8dd9f

Is this an ETA 2836? The rotor looks a little weird.

Yeah it is but the rotor is modified to look like the original SMP rotor which is actually on a 2892-2 movement. What doesnt look right is the display case back. I could be wrong but I dont think the SMP was ever produced with one. The rep mcompany probably installed one so yoy can show off the look alike rotot but rotor aside, the display back is a dead giveaway.

actually the GMT version is supposed to have the clear caseback.

As for looking like the original rotor, I don't see how this accomplishes that or looks closer to the gen, so why swap out the rotor?

Hilarious! Paul is trying to market a glaring inaccuracy as a desirable feature. Got to admire his nerve. The cut-outs are supposed to look like the ones on Rolex Calibre rotors. Omega Calibre rotors look nothing like this.

False advertising?

OOOhhhhh, you're right. Original movement has a solid rotor.

Hilarious! Paul is trying to market a glaring inaccuracy as a desirable feature. Got to admire his nerve. The cut-outs are supposed to look like the ones on Rolex Calibre rotors. Omega Calibre rotors look nothing like this.

False advertising?

Yup, my buddy has the original, we cracked it open one day and the rotor is solid.

Why would you need to "crack it open"? The caseback is see-through on the Bond SMP GMT.

If it wasn't see through, then you are talking about a different movement since the Bond SMP GMT is co-axial.